Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Bah... humbug

> On Tue 25 Dec 2018 08:42:53a, Dave Smith told us...
>
>> My wife went to church this morning. I thought it would be a good
>> time to do a load of laundry. We just had our washing machine
>> repaired about a week and a half ago. The door lock was screwed
>> and it would not go into the spin cycle. $300 later, that is
>> fixed, so I was happy to hear the end of the cycle and went in to
>> move the clothes to the dryer. Now the dryer is dead. I don't know
>> what is binding in there, but the drum is really hard to turn. I
>> may also have burned out the fuse by holding the start button too
>> long.
>>

>> I had been thinking after the washer repair that it was the second
>> repair in two years and the total cost was getting close to
>> replacement.
>> This dryer is really old and has been repaired before. I think
>> that
>> tomorrow I will be heading out to take advantage of the boxing day
>> sales.
>>

> I think laundry appliaces are notoriously expensive to repair. If it's
> a very minor and afordable repair I'll pay for to be done. Otherwise I
> will just buy and replace the units.
>
> So far our Maytag front loaders are behaving flawlessly after 8 years.

Â* The parts are usually reasonable , the rape job comes from the labor
cost . It's a racket , a racket I tell ya ! Luckily , I have mechanical
aptitude and have so far been able to repair just about every problem
that's come up . What I would have spent on some yokel swapping parts
has made a vast positive difference in my collection of tools . I now
have enough tools to make my own tools ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old