Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bah... humbug

My wife went to church this morning. I thought it would be a good time
to do a load of laundry. We just had our washing machine repaired
about a week and a half ago. The door lock was screwed and it would not
go into the spin cycle. $300 later, that is fixed, so I was happy to
hear the end of the cycle and went in to move the clothes to the dryer.
Now the dryer is dead. I don't know what is binding in there, but the
drum is really hard to turn. I may also have burned out the fuse by
holding the start button too long.

I had been thinking after the washer repair that it was the second
repair in two years and the total cost was getting close to replacement.
This dryer is really old and has been repaired before. I think that
tomorrow I will be heading out to take advantage of the boxing day sales.