Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Me in the Wall Street Journal (WAS: 30 Things to Make withLeftover Turkey)

On 11/19/2018 12:17 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 21:11:21 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/18/2018 4:24 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>>
>>> Some pretty decent ideas he
>>>
>>> https://www.eatthis.com/leftover-tur...paign=msn-feed
>>> or
>>> http://tinyurl.com/y6wmp8o6
>>>
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> I used to make turkey cottage pie... back when I cooked turkey. I was
>> interviewed and written up in the Wall Street Journal many years ago, in
>> their food section, about what to do with turkey leftovers.
>>
>> Jill

> what an honor, how did that happen

Janet, I have NO idea! I didn't subscribe to WSJ. Maybe the reporter
was reading cooking newsgroups? I got a phone call out of the blue. A
reporter saying they were interested in what people do with Thanksgiving
leftovers.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB110142191872483723

Hmmmm... she didn't mention the turkey cottage pie. What she did
mention was my squash casserole made with cornbread stuffing and
Parmesan cheese.

I didn't say a thing about pinot grigio or peach cobbler. I've never
made peach cobbler in my life. LOL I guess she took some poetic license
when writing the article.

I distinctly remember telling her about turkey cottage pie using
leftover turkey, gravy, vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes. She
*did* mention my grandmother's china:

"She'll serve the meal, made with last night's leftovers, on her
grandmother's gold-rimmed peacock Victorian china."

I have long since rid myself of Grandma's hideous Chelsea Bird china.
Sorry Grandma, it was far too "busy". My mother didn't like it either,
which is why she was quick to give it to me.

There are lots of good ideas for Thanksgiving leftovers in that article.

Jill