Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default OT Amazon grocery buyers

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 10:25:46 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>I get my groceries delivered because mobility issues have progressed to the point where I cannot walk
>into a grocery store, shop, bring the groceries home, and carry them upstairs from the garage in
>my split foyer (split level) house. If I spend $100, delivery is free. If I am buying light items like TP,
>or other similar items, I can turn in an online order and pick them up in the drive-thru lane. I cannot
>carry upstairs a 24-bottle case of water any more; it's just too heavy. It is worth a $4.95 delivery fee
>(if my order is under $100), to have the young, courteous, delivery guys carry this heavy stuff up
>the stairs. I usually buy 2 cases of water, and 2 gallons of distilled water for my coffee maker, in the
>same order. The delivery guys make short work of carrying everything right into my kitchen. For 2
>cases, I usually tip $10; $5 for one case delivered with the rest of my order. I love my supermarket
>service; I would be lost without it.
>
>N.

Why are you buying so much bottled water? I installed an RO filter
and get much better than bottled water delivered at my kitchen sink. I
used to buy a lot of distilled water for my humidifier but RO filtered
water is as close as it gets to distilled and costs about 5¢/gallon.
And you have to get rid of all those plastic bottles. And not only was
buying distilled water in quantity getting expensive most times the
stores didn't stock enough for my needs. My RO set up can produce 8
gallons per day, more than enough for my humidifier, coffeemaker,
cooking needs, and drinking water.