Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Amazon grocery buyers

On 10/21/2018 8:49 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 8:07:37 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> My mother has started having her groceries delivered by the local
>>> supermarket. I occasionally buy stuff on Amazon when I think it would
>>> be too time-consuming to visit every store in the area looking for
>>> exactly what I want.

>> Personally, I go to only 2 stores here. Each one is only 1 mile
>> away in different directions. Both have a good variety so I don't
>> bother going anywhere else. Local is Food Lion and Harris Teeter.
>> Also a very nice health food store only .25 miles away but I
>> rarely go there. Normally only for bulk spice.

> I do the bulk of my shopping at one store that is between my office
> and my house. On weekends I usually drive a few miles to a somewhat
> more high-end store to buy a few luxury items (Boar's Head pepperoni
> is on the list for today) that I can't get at my regular venue.
>
> I really didn't fancy calling or driving to every Asian grocery store
> in town to look for a particular formulation of the Japanese condiment
> furikake, so I ordered it from Amazon.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Most of our shopping is a store in town. We do go to others, but only
when we want a particular item and not very often. I go to a store 2
miles from me but I'd prefer the one 18 miles away. Just not worth the
trip unless there is other reason to go that way.

There is always something that only that one store has and it makes the
trip worth while.