Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Beef Stew with a slight twist

On 9/25/2018 4:19 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 3:55:37 PM UTC-4, wrote:

>>> Luckily, you don't get to decide for everybody what "beef stew" is. This
>>> is one of my favorites:
>>>
>>> <https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/ethiopian-spicy-beef-stew-key-wat-436458>
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> But Ju-Ju is making 'cream of icebox' soup. A bunch of leftovers she is
>> calling 'beef stew.'

> I doubt she's the first cook to stretch out the meat with beans.
> Perhaps not necessary in this time and place, and not my cuppa tea,
> but I don't have to eat her cooking.
>
> Her comment about leftovers was a red herring. Typical Julie
> stream-of-consciousness.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I can't speak for others but when I cook something that will net
leftovers (such as a stew) I do it intentionally. That's why I have a
freezer. I very rarely have little dribs and drabs of things in the
refrigerator that I need to use up. I certainly don't find myself
trying to cobble together a bunch of leftover stuff in the fridge to
make a meal. Just add brown rice! LOL

YMMV.

Jill