Posted to rec.food.cooking
Roy[_4_] Roy[_4_] is offline

Default Beef Stew with a slight twist

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 12:25:51 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 17:59:02 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:

> >>Why will sauce not work here? I sometimes put tomato sauce in my stew.

> > There's not nearly enough meat to call that beef stew.
> > I've never in my life cooked a beef stew with less than 3-4 pounds of
> > beef. No one who knows how to cook prepares ANY stew for just one
> > meal.

> I actually have made it for one meal but it takes some doing. I've been
> trying to have leftovers because they generally don't get eaten. I would
> also add at the minimum, celery and green beans. Maybe some peas or lentils
> or if I don't use much meat, then I might add some cooked dried beans.

U are not making stew...you are emptying your left-overs and crap like beans
and such like dross into a melange of yuck.
Your gardener must have a "cast-iron stomach" as he would need one as you
welcome him with your "inventions".

Sorry to be so critical but try and stay with the more conventional ingredients
if you are going to label it "beef stew".

====