Michael Odom

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:16:28 -0400, "Jessica V." > wrote:

>I was reading _Talk About Good II_ (Junior League CB from LA) today, and
>came across a recipe for courtbouillon, that sounds good.
>
>However it calls for Red Fish, suggested substitutions are goo or
>sac-a-lait. Does anyone have any other ideas as to what would make a
>decent substitution.

Sac-au-lait is a Cajun term for what others call crappie. It's a
reference to their white bellies -- milk bag. The reference to goo
may mean gaspargou, a kind of drum.

>Tillapia comes to mind as a possible substitute. The sac-a-lait/white
>perch is out of the question unless I can find a place to fish for it
>that isn't polluted.

I'd say tilapia would work quite well, maybe even better than
sac-au-lait. Why not use redfish, by the way?

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore