Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_9_] Nancy Young[_9_] is offline

Default I truly live in an unfinished house !

On 8/20/2018 12:27 AM, wrote:
> On Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 10:22:15 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> I can understand your frustratiuon. I've been trying to get someone
>> to build a carport for my tractor but they never show up, and it's
>> been over a year. So meanwhile what I do is to tie a large tarp over
>> the tractor when it's not in use. I'd only like the carport because
>> sometimes there are warnings of hail. I'd park the tractor in my barn
>> only it's a long walk and if there's heavy snow even if I got out
>> there I'd be lucky to drive it back to the house.
>>
>> It's not easy to get people to do work nowadays. Most times it's
>> better to do it yourself or find an alternative such as the tarp.

> I guess people just have an aversion to making money. Aggravating and
> frustrating when they say "I'll be out to give you an estimate" and
> they're a no show.

So rude, like I feel like waiting around all day and they have no
intention of showing up. Why not just say I'm too busy or whatever.

I don't know if it's still in business or if the home advisor type
of websites work the same way, but you put in what you're looking
for and get responses from people who can do the work. They paid
like $40 just to respond so no one would respond if they weren't
serious.

Other than that, I have had great luck finding people in the Services
pages of the free weekly paper most people seem to get.

nancy