Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default I truly live in an unfinished house !

On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 19:46:51 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 8:02:03 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> Okay, post whatever pictures you have... I like to see how other
>> rfc'ers live. I don't care if it's not perfect, nothing is perfect.
>>

>Well, taking this thread off the tracks I need to have a carport built in
>my backyard on top of the concrete driveway I had laid back in March. Good
>grief, I can't seem to get anyone to come out and give me an estimate!
>GRRRRRRRRR
>
>I don't know if everybody thinks it's not worth their time or what. I had
>ordered a carport online and went to get a builders permit before they came
>to put it up. Well lo and behold my area is now deemed historic and I can't
>have an aluminum carport. It has to be wooden support posts and the roof
>has to mimic my roof line. Another grrrrrrrr as no one but the garbage men
>and me will see this carport. Ok, ok I'll go with that as I have to but
>getting someone to give me an estimate is like pulling teeth.

I can understand your frustratiuon. I've been trying to get someone
to build a carport for my tractor but they never show up, and it's
been over a year. So meanwhile what I do is to tie a large tarp over
the tractor when it's not in use. I'd only like the carport because
sometimes there are warnings of hail. I'd park the tractor in my barn
only it's a long walk and if there's heavy snow even if I got out
there I'd be lucky to drive it back to the house.

It's not easy to get people to do work nowadays. Most times it's
better to do it yourself or find an alternative such as the tarp.