Posted to alt.food.wine
cruciverbalist cruciverbalist is offline

Default Wine Wordplay!

Hello all. Just a little something something to elicit a smile, though
I suppose you may have to be of a certain age to get it. Tonight with
dinner my wife and I enjoyed a bottle of Castello di Verrazzano
Chianti Classico. My wife asked if castello was sort of the Italian
equivalent of the French chateau. I replied in the affirmative and
then, keeping as straight a face as I could, added that each Italian
wine house had its own monk to pray for a good vintage and that this
monk was called the Abbot of Castello! She almost threw the botle at
me- but she *was* laughing!

Cheers,
Jack