Old 17-08-2018, 04:06 AM posted to alt.food.wine

Default Wine Wordplay!

Hello all. Just a little something something to elicit a smile, though
I suppose you may have to be of a certain age to get it. Tonight with
dinner my wife and I enjoyed a bottle of Castello di Verrazzano
Chianti Classico. My wife asked if castello was sort of the Italian
equivalent of the French chateau. I replied in the affirmative and
then, keeping as straight a face as I could, added that each Italian
wine house had its own monk to pray for a good vintage and that this
monk was called the Abbot of Castello! She almost threw the botle at
me- but she *was* laughing!

Cheers,
Jack

Old 17-08-2018, 06:38 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On 8/16/18 11:06 PM, cruciverbalist wrote:
Hello all. Just a little something something to elicit a smile, though
I suppose you may have to be of a certain age to get it. Tonight with
dinner my wife and I enjoyed a bottle of Castello di Verrazzano
Chianti Classico. My wife asked if castello was sort of the Italian
equivalent of the French chateau. I replied in the affirmative and
then, keeping as straight a face as I could, added that each Italian
wine house had its own monk to pray for a good vintage and that this
monk was called the Abbot of Castello! She almost threw the botle at
me- but she *was* laughing!

Well played!

Mark Lipton

Old 17-08-2018, 06:57 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 1:38:21 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
On 8/16/18 11:06 PM, cruciverbalist wrote:
Hello all. Just a little something something to elicit a smile, though
I suppose you may have to be of a certain age to get it. Tonight with
dinner my wife and I enjoyed a bottle of Castello di Verrazzano
Chianti Classico. My wife asked if castello was sort of the Italian
equivalent of the French chateau. I replied in the affirmative and
then, keeping as straight a face as I could, added that each Italian
wine house had its own monk to pray for a good vintage and that this
monk was called the Abbot of Castello! She almost threw the botle at
me- but she *was* laughing!

Well played!

Indeed.
Will use myself and pretend original
Old 18-08-2018, 09:18 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 1:57:11 PM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 1:38:21 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
On 8/16/18 11:06 PM, cruciverbalist wrote:
Hello all. Just a little something something to elicit a smile, though
I suppose you may have to be of a certain age to get it. Tonight with
dinner my wife and I enjoyed a bottle of Castello di Verrazzano
Chianti Classico. My wife asked if castello was sort of the Italian
equivalent of the French chateau. I replied in the affirmative and
then, keeping as straight a face as I could, added that each Italian
wine house had its own monk to pray for a good vintage and that this
monk was called the Abbot of Castello! She almost threw the botle at
me- but she *was* laughing!

Well played!

Indeed.
Will use myself and pretend original

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Yeah, you do have to be old enough...
Completely off the topic, but speaking of 'old enough'...
I found that youtube has old episodes of Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts. If you want comedy without 'colorful metaphors', these shows had plenty!

Dan-O (Foster Brooks ribbing Don Rickles is hilarious!)