Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default dsi1 : Of Hawaiian Interest (Sugar + Electricity)

"Druce" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 10:42:31 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Druce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 09:48:16 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Druce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 08:36:04 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>That is bloody awful from my perspective. As for Boris, the polls are
>>>going
>>>up fast in his favour. So, I guess they know what they are doing
>>>
>>>If we have a soft Brexit we won't be able to make our own laws, choose
>>>who
>>>comes here, we will have to live under the ECJ, and still have to pay
>>>£billions to keep that mob in luxury.
>>>
>>>They can speak out now, which they couldn't as Ministers. Boris (who
>>>isn't
>>>my first choice) is now the favourite to be the next PM. At least he
>>>would
>>>be better than the rubbish we have now!

>>So then they have to topple May before the Brexit deal is made,
>>otherwise she gets her soft deal. I don't know it that's possible and
>>what the timelines are for May's reign and the Brexit deal.
>>
>>==
>>
>>Her reign will actually end on the 5 May 2022 under the Fixed-term
>>Parliaments Act 2011, unless she is booted out.
>>
>>What is happening now is to do with a 'vote of no confidence' If enough
>>mp's send in some kind of letter she could be out! Problem is the number
>>of
>>remoaners in gov. who will back her. I don't know why we bother to have
>>elections when some mp's decide they don't like the results and try to
>>stop
>>them. I only hope they are acting on the preferences of their constituents
>>or they will be out on their bums at the next election.
>>
>>I suppose they get their ideas from the EU who keep holding elections
>>until
>>they get the right results. They are trying to do that here now.

>Isn't there also something to be gained from a soft Brexit? Better
>access to the internal EU market or something like that? May cs must
>have their reasons. I don't know much about this. It's not a hot item
>in NL or AU, as you can imagine.
>==
>
>Believe me, they need us far more then we need them. They sell HUGELY FAR
>MORE stuff to us!

I doubt that, considering the numbers of people in UK vs EU.

>They just play their game of being The Boss and insist we do what They
>want.
>Well we people are sick of it. We want our sovereignty back!

Don't recent polls say most UK people want to stay in the EU now? That
it was just a protest vote?

==

You can doubt all you want but you need to check it out before you start
deriding what I say!

As for polls ... how many did they ask? Was it the millions who actually
voted?