Posted to rec.food.cooking
Druce Druce is offline

Default dsi1 : Of Hawaiian Interest (Sugar + Electricity)

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 09:48:16 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Druce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 08:36:04 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>That is bloody awful from my perspective. As for Boris, the polls are
>>going
>>up fast in his favour. So, I guess they know what they are doing
>>
>>If we have a soft Brexit we won't be able to make our own laws, choose who
>>comes here, we will have to live under the ECJ, and still have to pay
>>£billions to keep that mob in luxury.
>>
>>They can speak out now, which they couldn't as Ministers. Boris (who isn't
>>my first choice) is now the favourite to be the next PM. At least he would
>>be better than the rubbish we have now!

>So then they have to topple May before the Brexit deal is made,
>otherwise she gets her soft deal. I don't know it that's possible and
>what the timelines are for May's reign and the Brexit deal.
>
>==
>
>Her reign will actually end on the 5 May 2022 under the Fixed-term
>Parliaments Act 2011, unless she is booted out.
>
>What is happening now is to do with a 'vote of no confidence' If enough
>mp's send in some kind of letter she could be out! Problem is the number of
>remoaners in gov. who will back her. I don't know why we bother to have
>elections when some mp's decide they don't like the results and try to stop
>them. I only hope they are acting on the preferences of their constituents
>or they will be out on their bums at the next election.
>
>I suppose they get their ideas from the EU who keep holding elections until
>they get the right results. They are trying to do that here now.

Isn't there also something to be gained from a soft Brexit? Better
access to the internal EU market or something like that? May cs must
have their reasons. I don't know much about this. It's not a hot item
in NL or AU, as you can imagine.