Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default dsi1 : Of Hawaiian Interest (Sugar + Electricity)

"Druce" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 08:36:04 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Druce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 13:58:38 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Druce" wrote in message
>>news >>
>>On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 12:25:02 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>They resigned rather than let Theresa the Appeaser get away with her
>>fudge.
>>(and they are not the only ones) She is a damned disaster. It gives them
>>freedom they wouldn't have if they still had to account to her. If she
>>gets her way, the Tories will be out of power for a generation and they
>>know
>>it. Well, it will give UKIP a second go. Many Tories went to UKIP for
>>the
>>referendum and when we got it, they went back to the Tories. Mess eh?
>>
>>Problem is, UKIP won't get enough votes to form a Gov so it will split the
>>Tory vote and Labour will get in.

>But after resigning, the hardliners are now sidelined, freedom or not,
>and May will make the soft Brexit deal that she wanted. I'm not sure
>how that's a good thing from your perspective.
>
>==
>
>That is bloody awful from my perspective. As for Boris, the polls are
>going
>up fast in his favour. So, I guess they know what they are doing
>
>If we have a soft Brexit we won't be able to make our own laws, choose who
>comes here, we will have to live under the ECJ, and still have to pay
>£billions to keep that mob in luxury.
>
>They can speak out now, which they couldn't as Ministers. Boris (who isn't
>my first choice) is now the favourite to be the next PM. At least he would
>be better than the rubbish we have now!

So then they have to topple May before the Brexit deal is made,
otherwise she gets her soft deal. I don't know it that's possible and
what the timelines are for May's reign and the Brexit deal.

==

Her reign will actually end on the 5 May 2022 under the Fixed-term
Parliaments Act 2011, unless she is booted out.

What is happening now is to do with a 'vote of no confidence' If enough
mp's send in some kind of letter she could be out! Problem is the number of
remoaners in gov. who will back her. I don't know why we bother to have
elections when some mp's decide they don't like the results and try to stop
them. I only hope they are acting on the preferences of their constituents
or they will be out on their bums at the next election.

I suppose they get their ideas from the EU who keep holding elections until
they get the right results. They are trying to do that here now.