Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Boiled (in the shell) Peanuts

On 8/11/2018 1:51 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2018-08-11, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> I first tasted boiled peanuts when I lived in Memphis but I can't
>> remember why. It's more a deep south thing than a mid-south thing.

> Never seen/ate 'em in TN, when I lived there in the late 60s. Made
> 'em myself in a mini-slo cooker, yrs later. Quite tasty, as I recall,
> but not tasty enough to do twice.

I made them myself once when I lived in Memphis... not sure why. I
didn't use a slow cooker, just heavily salted water and slow simmered on
the stove top. They were tasty but the peanuts weren't the same as what
I find in SC.

> Maybe, if I could buy them on the side of the road.
>
> nb --nor plagued by peanuts

I don't know what you mean by "plagued". I'm about to heat them up and
have some as a snack. I'm looking forward to the taste after many years.

Jill