Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Southern Style Pimiento Cheese

On 2018-08-01 5:33 PM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 3:56:54 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> I was reminded of another cheese of the past..... flavoured
>> cream cheese, like pineapple and orange. I have not seen it in a long
>> time, but is could be in that part of the dairy section that I just
>> bother with.
>>

> In small jars that doubled as juice glasses once empty.

I only remember it in plastic tubs. I don't think we ever bought it. I
remember that I had eaten it a number of times other places. It wasn't
horrible, but it wasn't something I was interested in buying. There are
entire sections of grocery stores and dairy sections that I just don't
bother with. I occasionally by Philadelphia cream cheese or a cheap
imitation (not Lite), but I guess I just focus on that, because
apparently they do still sell the flavoured stuff.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/philadel...se/spread.aspx