Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default How do you ...

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 19:15:18 -0500, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>get a good even scorch on peppers and tomatoes ? I sorta-kinda scorched
>and peeled 7 Anaheims for chiles rellenos for tonight's dinner , and I'm
>not at all proud of the job I did . I used our gas range , held the
>peppers over the flames with a pair of tongs . Just couldn't get a
>decent even scorch . I came very near carrying them out to the shop and
>using my forge/foundry burner ! Night before last I had the same
>problems with tomatoes and jalapenos for a batch of salsa - still in
>research mode on that one , still haven't found the flavor I'm looking
>for .
>
> *Tonight's chiles will be stuffed with some diced pork loin steak
>that's been marinating in some white wine and spices for a few hours -
>additional flavor will be provided by a fajita seasoning that I make
>from scratch . Accompaniment will be provided by some Spanish Rice and
>canned southwest-style white beans . Dinner music by Willie Nelson and
>friends .

I don't know how to do a small batch differently. I'd put them on the
grate of my gas grill. For end of season large batches, I fire up the
Weber grill. When the coals are white I lay the peppers directly on
the coals. You'll want leather gloves and long tongs for this job.
http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...db864.jpg.html

Janet US