Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default First Pick

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 11:01:16 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-07-19 9:26 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
>

>> * Any ideas why the bee shortage ? FWIW I seldom see honey bees on the
>> squashes and other stuff in my garden and the hives are only a few feet
>> away . I do see lots of other pollinators working the garden , carpenter
>> bees and certain flies seem to most of that .

>I have lots of bees around my place. I have a couple flower gardens,
>flowering shrubs, and lots of clover in the lawn. Given all the reports
>about the dropping bee population, I was surprised that there were so
>many.

it
it's the professional beekeepers that are feeling the greatest
impact. Whether they are the bee keepers that truck hundreds of hives
around the country to pollinate various crops or whether they are
honey farms, they are losing a large percentage of bees every year and
having to buy bees from -- Hawaii?
Janet US