Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default First Pick

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 17:23:21 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 7:22:15 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> Pickling cukes, green and yellow zukes:
>> https://postimg.cc/image/r5sh998vr/
>> This is only the beginning, lots more comming.
>>

>I'll take the yellow squash!

You may have as much as you can eat, come and get it. That's less
than half, the rest goes to the golf course tomorrow. This time I
only kept the small cukes. We won't be home this weekend so no time
to cook, better to give it away than it rots. We'll be going to the
grandson's camp on Saturday, they will have fantastic NYC viands, lots
of Appy, and baked goods to die for. My favorite is unlimited
whitefish salad on onion rolls and lox on bagels with a schmear. My
wife loves the pastries.

It's a very expensive camp, like $13,000 for the summer but he goes
for free. He's in charge of the fishing, all because when he was
five years old I got him into it with a couple kids books on fishing
and taking him to fish around here in the lakes and creeks. Now he's
14 and into fishing like a pro. I wish when I was a kid I could have
went to this camp:
https://www.timberlakecamp.com/
He'll be able to go for free until he's sixteen and then he can become
a counseler, It's been a great experience for a kid. Counselors
there are from all over the world, I enjoy meeting them eash summer.