James Dempster

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:28:45 GMT, Randell Tarin
> wrote:

>My wife and I have several bottles of 1997 Brunello di Montelcino that we
>picked up after a trip to Italy several years ago. Our absolute favorite
>wine!
>
>My question is, if properly stored, how well does this keep OR do we need to
>drink it now? Since it's such a precious commodity, I hate to squander it
>on anything but a special occasion.
>
>Some Brunellos seem to do better than others. We had two bottles of an 86,
>one we drank in 2000, the other last year. The former was impeccable in
>body and in taste. The latter, while drinkable, lost much of it's character
>by holding on to it a little longer.
>
>Anyone had any experience with the 1997.

No experience of the 97 but I had a Giocondo 88 Riserva in 2000 and it
was hard as nails. My other bottle is for 2008-12

James
James Dempster (remove nospam to reply by email)

You know you've had a good night
when you wake up
and someone's outlining you in chalk.