Harry Demidavicius

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 19:18:22 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

>Harry Demidavicius wrote:
>

>>>ok, I've gotta ask. How do you get a blood rare end cut? If it were
>>>blood rare at the end the rest of it wouldn't have even gotten started
>>>yet.

>> It's an illusion. The meat is cooked under pressure in an Autosham
>> after first being browned off [also in the Autosham].. You can indeed
>> get an end cut which is rare - and that consistency extends throughout
>> the whole roast.
>>
>> Harry

>Thanks Harry, but what's an Autosham? I "googled" for it but didn't
>find much of anything except for mentions of it by you. What the devil
>is it? I'm assuming that it's some sort of preasure cooker, but a
>standard one or something different?

It's one of a couple of brands of computer controlled multi power
source pressure aided ovens used in restaurants. You can throw in
several roasts [or whatevers] and program the machine to do precise
cooking/baking/roasting duties to get the food to where you want it
and to hold it there for lengthy periods of time. Very usefull
equipment and I bet there's not a decent beef house in North America
who doesn't use one.

Harry