David Goldstein

kilikini wrote:
> "Higgins" > wrote in message
> om...
>
>>Yes, that's a lie. It tastes terrible. At my brother in law's request,
>>I smoked a port loin for a couple of hours, then threw it on the
>>grill. I pulled it when the internal temp hit 160, cut it half kept on
>>half and threw the other back on the grill BIL is fanatic about
>>having his meat cooked completely threw. Well done doesn't even
>>describe how he likes it. The damn thing caught fire and he still
>>wasn't happy. The other half was spectacular. The half he ate from was
>>AWFUL. Why do people like their meat that way????

> I certainly don't get it. Bloody meat tastes good! Everything else has
> this bitter, flat taste to it.

For me, it is about the texture of what I am chewing. I prefer my
steak cooked medium. When I was younger, I would not even consider
eating a steak unless it was well-done.

The same holds true for certain veggies and fruits. I cannot stand
raw tomatoes or anything to do with mushrooms, simply because the
texture does not appeal to me.

> kili

David