Katra

Default Wheat free substitute

Boron Elgar wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:06:52 -0600, Katra >
> wrote:
>

> >I'm allergic to wheat too so I understand...
> >He might try pearl barley?

> I suggested that to her (aren't the two of us smart!) and we decided
> that it woodlot take too long to cook through. Pre-cooking the barley
> was an idea, though.

Or pressure cooking it...

Mom always cooked pot roast in the pressure cooker, and pearl barley was
part of her recipe. It always went on the bottom of the pot.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra