Posted to rec.food.cooking
Opinicus[_4_] Opinicus[_4_] is offline

Default What is a fried bologna sandwich?

On Fri, 20 Jan 2017 13:13:42 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>We had fried baloney sandwiches
>> and sometimes we made fried baloney and let it curl up into a bowl and
>> cracked an egg in there for breakfast.

>Yes, I remember having b'loney "cups" for breakfast. With a slice of
>pan-fried cornmeal mush,drizzled with syrup (Log Cabin in good times,
>home-made when cash was short).

Preferring the hard Italian salamis, I've never been a baloney fan,
not even as a kid. However something we did have for breakfast similar
to your b'loney cups was made with something called "Taylor Ham". It
came in a plastic (I guess) wrapped sausage and you sliced off rounds
that were fried in butter and served with eggs. If you didn't put
notches in the rim of the slices, they'd curl up into cups that could
be used to hold an egg etc.

--
Bob
The joint that is out of time