The Joneses

Lightnin Dave wrote:

> >I don't pickle them Dave, I make hot sauce out of them. Do a Google on
> >this group and you should come up with a zillion posts on "how to." HTH

> Yeh, I know. I meant fermenting when I said pickling. I remember reading
> your post about making hot sauce, and I found it on the Pepper Fools site.
> I have Hungarian Wax, cayenne, Cowhorn, Anaheim, New Mexico Big Jim,
> jalapeno, some Pablanos and lots of tiny little Super Chilis. I wonder if
> any particular ones work better or not as well for your hot sauce, and I
> like a little less heat than many people also. I have dried most of the
> cayennes and super chilis, but there are still quite a few left. Also,
> quite a few of them will not be ripened to red before it's too cold to leave
> them any longer. Can I still use them green for hot sauce also? Thanks...
>
> Lightnin Dave

I picked up a bag of green chile powder last time I was thru Deming. This stuff
is a bit *warm* but has a wonderful flavor unlike the red powdered chiles. It's
great in gravies, sauces, soups, cassaroles & enchilada sauce too! I believe I
would blanch, peel & seed the chiles then dry in dehydrator. The blanching will
probably kill off the enzyme that ripens them up to red so they'll stay nice &
green.
Edrena