Posted to rec.food.preserving
songbird songbird is offline

Default Putting it by

George Shirley wrote:

> We're finally seeing a possibility of fall, morning temps in the low
> fifties, heating up to low eighties by 3 pm.
>
> We've been picking the herbs on a twice a week basis and then
> dehydrating them, then sealing in vacuum bags for later use.
> This years crop of herbs is very large so looks like our kids, grands,
> neighbors and friends will get nice packages of Christmas herbs.
>
> Our fig and pear trees have grown a second crop of fruit, an anomaly we
> haven't seen before. There was an article in the paper about that
> anomaly throughout the Harris Cty, TX area. First time we've seen it but
> I am sure the late fruit will not mature but it was worth seeing it
> happen for the first time in my long life.

winter is surely on the way here, we've had frosts
and harder freezes this past week almost each night
with the clear weather.

daytime temperatures are still pretty nice, but that
is due to change this weekend. i have someone coming
by in a few minutes so i have to make this a short
note...

we have certain plants that will rebloom here given
enough time, some of the irises have been blooming
for the past month.

cheers and happy preserving! i think we're gonna
do some PBDCs soon.

songbird