Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Corned beef hash

On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 11:30:29 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 4:11:38 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> > Ophelia wrote:

> > > Because of this discussion, I actually bought a can of it yesterday
> > > myself to try. I don't think I've ever bought it before (?)
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > >
> > > Well you can say thanks to that poster too) Oh I forgot to mention
> > > potatoes)

> > Potatoes, onion, ant corned beef hash. I don't even need the cheese or
> > eggs.

> I made hash with a can of Palm Corned Beef and a can of potatoes. This was
> served along with some cornbread muffins from a 5lb bag of mix. Delicioso!
>
> https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy

> Nice) Ahh I should have taken a pic of the one I made too!
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I've been taking pictures of most things that I eat. It's a pretty weird thing to do but I see a lot of people doing that.

Here's a strawberry guava that I was eating yesterday. It's quite sweet and I like to eat the outer part of the fruit. I don't care for the soft pulpy part with the hard seeds. It was surprising to see that my daughter discarded that part and ate the soft part.

It's a fruit that grows easily over here and you can pick them from the tree and eat them on the spot. They make wonderful jams and jellies. The problem is that the guava plants are displacing our native forest plants and grow so thick that it encroaches on animal habitats and movement. Mostly they are a big headache for our forestry service.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy