Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Corned beef hash

Someone here talked about corned beef hash, with onions, cheese and eggs on
top.

I made if for my husband and he loves it

So, whoever posted it, a big thank you)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> Someone here talked about corned beef hash, with onions, cheese and eggs on
> top.
>
> I made if for my husband and he loves it
>
> So, whoever posted it, a big thank you)

Because of this discussion, I actually bought a can of it yesterday
myself to try. I don't think I've ever bought it before (?)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> Someone here talked about corned beef hash, with onions, cheese and eggs
> on
> top.
>
> I made if for my husband and he loves it
>
> So, whoever posted it, a big thank you)

Because of this discussion, I actually bought a can of it yesterday
myself to try. I don't think I've ever bought it before (?)

----------------

Well you can say thanks to that poster too) Oh I forgot to mention
potatoes)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Someone here talked about corned beef hash, with onions, cheese and eggs
> > on
> > top.
> >
> > I made if for my husband and he loves it
> >
> > So, whoever posted it, a big thank you)

> Because of this discussion, I actually bought a can of it yesterday
> myself to try. I don't think I've ever bought it before (?)
>
> ----------------
>
> Well you can say thanks to that poster too) Oh I forgot to mention
> potatoes)

Potatoes, onion, ant corned beef hash. I don't even need the cheese or
eggs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Someone here talked about corned beef hash, with onions, cheese and eggs
> > on
> > top.
> >
> > I made if for my husband and he loves it
> >
> > So, whoever posted it, a big thank you)

> Because of this discussion, I actually bought a can of it yesterday
> myself to try. I don't think I've ever bought it before (?)
>
> ----------------
>
> Well you can say thanks to that poster too) Oh I forgot to mention
> potatoes)

Potatoes, onion, ant corned beef hash. I don't even need the cheese or
eggs.

==========

D had never had it with the cheese and egg. This was a first .... now he
wants it every time with cheese and egg. He says it was so good )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 09:20:55 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Someone here talked about corned beef hash, with onions, cheese and eggs on
> > top.
> >
> > I made if for my husband and he loves it
> >
> > So, whoever posted it, a big thank you)

> Because of this discussion, I actually bought a can of it yesterday
> myself to try. I don't think I've ever bought it before (?)

Corn beef hash in a can is nothing like home made.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 10:10:56 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > "Gary" wrote in message ...
> >
> > Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> > > Someone here talked about corned beef hash, with onions, cheese and eggs
> > > on
> > > top.
> > >
> > > I made if for my husband and he loves it
> > >
> > > So, whoever posted it, a big thank you)

> > Because of this discussion, I actually bought a can of it yesterday
> > myself to try. I don't think I've ever bought it before (?)
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > Well you can say thanks to that poster too) Oh I forgot to mention
> > potatoes)

> Potatoes, onion, ant corned beef hash. I don't even need the cheese or
> eggs.

Cheese is absolutely unnecessary, but corn beef hash and runny yolk
eggs for breakfast is a classic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 09:50:06 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 09:20:55 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Ophelia wrote:
>> >
>> > Someone here talked about corned beef hash, with onions, cheese and eggs on
>> > top.
>> >
>> > I made if for my husband and he loves it
>> >
>> > So, whoever posted it, a big thank you)

>> Because of this discussion, I actually bought a can of it yesterday
>> myself to try. I don't think I've ever bought it before (?)

>Corn beef hash in a can is nothing like home made.

Neither is a McDonalds hamburger like a hamburger made at home. But
when you gotta have it, you gotta have it. I don't remember when I
last had canned corned beef hash. After the talk here I had to pick
up a can at the store. Just had it for lunch with an egg on top. The
only thing missing was the campfire and being in Yellowstone Park.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>https://postimg.org/image/ft5eogqcz/...e/ft5eogqcz/On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 11:23:43 -0600, Janet B > wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 09:50:06 -0700, sf > wrote:

>>> Because of this discussion, I actually bought a can of it yesterday
>>> myself to try. I don't think I've ever bought it before (?)

>>Corn beef hash in a can is nothing like home made.

>Neither is a McDonalds hamburger like a hamburger made at home. But
>when you gotta have it, you gotta have it. I don't remember when I
>last had canned corned beef hash. After the talk here I had to pick
>up a can at the store. Just had it for lunch with an egg on top. The
>only thing missing was the campfire and being in Yellowstone Park.
>Janet US

We camped in Yellowstone the summer of 68 - the kids loved it (so did
we) and it was years later they told me the reason so many bears
crashed around our tent was because at dusk they went out and salted
marshmallows about for them
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 12:23:46 PM UTC-5, Janet B wrote:

> After the talk here I had to pick
> up a can at the store. Just had it for lunch with an egg on top. The
> only thing missing was the campfire and being in Yellowstone Park.
> Janet US

I grabbed a can off the shelf this morning and had it for
breakfast. It's been several months since I've eaten it and
dare I say a treat?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 15:36:20 -0300, wrote:

https://postimg.org/image/ft5eogqcz/...e/ft5eogqcz/On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 11:23:43 -0600, Janet B > wrote:

>>>Corn beef hash in a can is nothing like home made.

>>Neither is a McDonalds hamburger like a hamburger made at home. But
>>when you gotta have it, you gotta have it. I don't remember when I
>>last had canned corned beef hash. After the talk here I had to pick
>>up a can at the store. Just had it for lunch with an egg on top. The
>>only thing missing was the campfire and being in Yellowstone Park.
>>Janet US

>We camped in Yellowstone the summer of 68 - the kids loved it (so did
>we) and it was years later they told me the reason so many bears
>crashed around our tent was because at dusk they went out and salted
>marshmallows about for them

oh, wow! That's a big no-no now.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 13:12:20 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 12:23:46 PM UTC-5, Janet B wrote:
>>
>> After the talk here I had to pick
>> up a can at the store. Just had it for lunch with an egg on top. The
>> only thing missing was the campfire and being in Yellowstone Park.
>> Janet US
>>

>I grabbed a can off the shelf this morning and had it for
>breakfast. It's been several months since I've eaten it and
>dare I say a treat?

It actually tasted better than I remembered. That's a good thing. So
many things these days don't taste as good as I remember.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 4:11:38 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > "Gary" wrote in message ...
> >
> > Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> > > Someone here talked about corned beef hash, with onions, cheese and eggs
> > > on
> > > top.
> > >
> > > I made if for my husband and he loves it
> > >
> > > So, whoever posted it, a big thank you)

> > Because of this discussion, I actually bought a can of it yesterday
> > myself to try. I don't think I've ever bought it before (?)
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > Well you can say thanks to that poster too) Oh I forgot to mention
> > potatoes)

> Potatoes, onion, ant corned beef hash. I don't even need the cheese or
> eggs.

I made hash with a can of Palm Corned Beef and a can of potatoes. This was served along with some cornbread muffins from a 5lb bag of mix. Delicioso!

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>https://postimg.org/image/ft5eogqcz/On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 14:18:56 -0600, Janet B > wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 15:36:20 -0300, wrote:

https://postimg.org/image/ft5eogqcz/...e/ft5eogqcz/On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 11:23:43 -0600, Janet B > wrote:

>>>Neither is a McDonalds hamburger like a hamburger made at home. But
>>>when you gotta have it, you gotta have it. I don't remember when I
>>>last had canned corned beef hash. After the talk here I had to pick
>>>up a can at the store. Just had it for lunch with an egg on top. The
>>>only thing missing was the campfire and being in Yellowstone Park.
>>>Janet US

>>We camped in Yellowstone the summer of 68 - the kids loved it (so did
>>we) and it was years later they told me the reason so many bears
>>crashed around our tent was because at dusk they went out and salted
>>marshmallows about for them

>oh, wow! That's a big no-no now.
>Janet US

Would have been then if I had caught them at it!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> Neither is a McDonalds hamburger like a hamburger made at home. But
> when you gotta have it, you gotta have it. I don't remember when I
> last had canned corned beef hash. After the talk here I had to pick
> up a can at the store. Just had it for lunch with an egg on top. The
> only thing missing was the campfire and being in Yellowstone Park.
> Janet US

That's the thing. When I want corned beef hash, I want real corned
beef hash. Corned beef crap in a can doesn't work for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 3:30:10 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> I made hash with a can of Palm Corned Beef and a can of potatoes. This was served along with some cornbread muffins from a 5lb bag of mix. Delicioso!
>
> https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy

Looks very tasty! I didn't have any sort of bread with
mine but it would have been good though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 14:50:47 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 11:23:43 -0600, Janet B >
>wrote:
>
>> Neither is a McDonalds hamburger like a hamburger made at home. But
>> when you gotta have it, you gotta have it. I don't remember when I
>> last had canned corned beef hash. After the talk here I had to pick
>> up a can at the store. Just had it for lunch with an egg on top. The
>> only thing missing was the campfire and being in Yellowstone Park.
>> Janet US

>That's the thing. When I want corned beef hash, I want real corned
>beef hash. Corned beef crap in a can doesn't work for me.

The word crap makes it fighting words? Not nice.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 4:11:38 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > "Gary" wrote in message ...
> >
> > Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> > > Someone here talked about corned beef hash, with onions, cheese and
> > > eggs
> > > on
> > > top.
> > >
> > > I made if for my husband and he loves it
> > >
> > > So, whoever posted it, a big thank you)

> > Because of this discussion, I actually bought a can of it yesterday
> > myself to try. I don't think I've ever bought it before (?)
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > Well you can say thanks to that poster too) Oh I forgot to mention
> > potatoes)

> Potatoes, onion, ant corned beef hash. I don't even need the cheese or
> eggs.

I made hash with a can of Palm Corned Beef and a can of potatoes. This was
served along with some cornbread muffins from a 5lb bag of mix. Delicioso!

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy

===============

Nice) Ahh I should have taken a pic of the one I made too!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 12:31:43 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 3:30:10 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > I made hash with a can of Palm Corned Beef and a can of potatoes. This was served along with some cornbread muffins from a 5lb bag of mix. Delicioso!
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy
> >

> Looks very tasty! I didn't have any sort of bread with
> mine but it would have been good though.

Typically, I'd eat this sort of thing with toast. I don't think cornbread muffins go together well with this dish. Next time I'll also put a fried egg on it and use two cans of potatoes. The hash as quite a treat and ridiculously easy and simple. Two cans and some pepper as seasoning. That's it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 11:30:29 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 4:11:38 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> > Ophelia wrote:

> > > Because of this discussion, I actually bought a can of it yesterday
> > > myself to try. I don't think I've ever bought it before (?)
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > >
> > > Well you can say thanks to that poster too) Oh I forgot to mention
> > > potatoes)

> > Potatoes, onion, ant corned beef hash. I don't even need the cheese or
> > eggs.

> I made hash with a can of Palm Corned Beef and a can of potatoes. This was
> served along with some cornbread muffins from a 5lb bag of mix. Delicioso!
>
> https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy
>
> ===============
>
> Nice) Ahh I should have taken a pic of the one I made too!
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I've been taking pictures of most things that I eat. It's a pretty weird thing to do but I see a lot of people doing that.

Here's a strawberry guava that I was eating yesterday. It's quite sweet and I like to eat the outer part of the fruit. I don't care for the soft pulpy part with the hard seeds. It was surprising to see that my daughter discarded that part and ate the soft part.

It's a fruit that grows easily over here and you can pick them from the tree and eat them on the spot. They make wonderful jams and jellies. The problem is that the guava plants are displacing our native forest plants and grow so thick that it encroaches on animal habitats and movement. Mostly they are a big headache for our forestry service.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 11:30:29 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 4:11:38 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> > Ophelia wrote:

> > > Because of this discussion, I actually bought a can of it yesterday
> > > myself to try. I don't think I've ever bought it before (?)
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > >
> > > Well you can say thanks to that poster too) Oh I forgot to mention
> > > potatoes)

> > Potatoes, onion, ant corned beef hash. I don't even need the cheese or
> > eggs.

> I made hash with a can of Palm Corned Beef and a can of potatoes. This was
> served along with some cornbread muffins from a 5lb bag of mix. Delicioso!
>
> https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy
>
> ===============
>
> Nice) Ahh I should have taken a pic of the one I made too!
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I've been taking pictures of most things that I eat. It's a pretty weird
thing to do but I see a lot of people doing that.

Here's a strawberry guava that I was eating yesterday. It's quite sweet and
I like to eat the outer part of the fruit. I don't care for the soft pulpy
part with the hard seeds. It was surprising to see that my daughter
discarded that part and ate the soft part.

It's a fruit that grows easily over here and you can pick them from the tree
and eat them on the spot. They make wonderful jams and jellies. The problem
is that the guava plants are displacing our native forest plants and grow so
thick that it encroaches on animal habitats and movement. Mostly they are a
big headache for our forestry service.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy

===================

You and your daughter are a good pair! You eat the outer, she eats the
inner! No waste)

Those things are unknown to me)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, dsi1
says...

> On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 11:30:29 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > Potatoes, onion, ant corned beef hash. I don't even need the cheese or
> > > eggs.

> > I made hash with a can of Palm Corned Beef and a can of potatoes. This was
> > served along with some cornbread muffins from a 5lb bag of mix. Delicioso!
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy
> >
> > ===============
> >
> > Nice) Ahh I should have taken a pic of the one I made too!
> >
> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> I've been taking pictures of most things that I eat. It's a pretty weird thing to do but I see a lot of people doing that.
>
> Here's a strawberry guava that I was eating yesterday.

Are you sure that's a *strawberry* guava?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 08:02:28 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>In article >, dsi1
>says...
>>
>> Here's a strawberry guava that I was eating yesterday.

>Are you sure that's a *strawberry* guava?

We had them in our orchard when living in the N.T, so yes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Jeßus says...

> On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 08:02:28 +1100, Bruce >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >, dsi1
> >says...
> >>
> >> Here's a strawberry guava that I was eating yesterday.

> >Are you sure that's a *strawberry* guava?

> We had them in our orchard when living in the N.T, so yes.

We've got one but it produces red fruit. Red as a strawberry:

http://plant.daleysfruit.com.au/tree...berry-724.jpeg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 08:17:24 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>In article >, Jeßus says...
>>
>> On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 08:02:28 +1100, Bruce >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >In article >, dsi1
>> >says...

>> >Are you sure that's a *strawberry* guava?

>> We had them in our orchard when living in the N.T, so yes.

>We've got one but it produces red fruit. Red as a strawberry:
>
>http://plant.daleysfruit.com.au/tree...berry-724.jpeg

mmm... they look fairly similar to me. Ours were a pinky-red inside
and the skins much greener than in your pic. There's just some
variation, I guess.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Jeßus says...

> On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 08:17:24 +1100, Bruce >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >, Jeßus says...

> >> We had them in our orchard when living in the N.T, so yes.

> >We've got one but it produces red fruit. Red as a strawberry:
> >
> >http://plant.daleysfruit.com.au/tree...berry-724.jpeg

> mmm... they look fairly similar to me. Ours were a pinky-red inside
> and the skins much greener than in your pic. There's just some
> variation, I guess.

Yes, there are several guavas for sure.
We have a yellow one and a red one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 8:37:53 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 11:30:29 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > Potatoes, onion, ant corned beef hash. I don't even need the cheese or
> > > eggs.

> > I made hash with a can of Palm Corned Beef and a can of potatoes. This was
> > served along with some cornbread muffins from a 5lb bag of mix. Delicioso!
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy
> >
> > ===============
> >
> > Nice) Ahh I should have taken a pic of the one I made too!
> >
> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> I've been taking pictures of most things that I eat. It's a pretty weird
> thing to do but I see a lot of people doing that.
>
> Here's a strawberry guava that I was eating yesterday. It's quite sweet and
> I like to eat the outer part of the fruit. I don't care for the soft pulpy
> part with the hard seeds. It was surprising to see that my daughter
> discarded that part and ate the soft part.
>
> It's a fruit that grows easily over here and you can pick them from the tree
> and eat them on the spot. They make wonderful jams and jellies. The problem
> is that the guava plants are displacing our native forest plants and grow so
> thick that it encroaches on animal habitats and movement. Mostly they are a
> big headache for our forestry service.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy
>
> ===================
>
> You and your daughter are a good pair! You eat the outer, she eats the
> inner! No waste)
>
> Those things are unknown to me)
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Guava chiffon cake is a favorite treat over here. I've never made one but it's easy enough to go to the store and pick one up.

https://hicookery.com/2012/11/26/guava-chiffon-cake/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 11:02:35 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> In article >, dsi1
> says...
> >
> > On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 11:30:29 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> > > I made hash with a can of Palm Corned Beef and a can of potatoes. This was
> > > served along with some cornbread muffins from a 5lb bag of mix. Delicioso!
> > >
> > > https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy
> > >
> > > ===============
> > >
> > > Nice) Ahh I should have taken a pic of the one I made too!
> > >
> > > --
> > > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> > I've been taking pictures of most things that I eat. It's a pretty weird thing to do but I see a lot of people doing that.
> >
> > Here's a strawberry guava that I was eating yesterday.

> Are you sure that's a *strawberry* guava?

No, I'm no expert on plants or fruits. Mostly, I'd call any round guava smaller than a regular guava a "strawberry guava." Some are red and some are yellow.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, dsi1
says...

> On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 11:02:35 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> > In article >, dsi1
> > says...
> > >
> > > I've been taking pictures of most things that I eat. It's a pretty
> > > weird thing to do but I see a lot of people doing that.
> > >
> > > Here's a strawberry guava that I was eating yesterday.

> > Are you sure that's a *strawberry* guava?

> No, I'm no expert on plants or fruits. Mostly, I'd call any round guava smaller than a regular guava a "strawberry guava." Some are red and some are yellow.

I'm no expert either. My main problem with them is how to get rid of the
seeds before consumption.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 11:38:21 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> In article >, dsi1
> says...
> >
> > On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 11:02:35 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> > > In article >, dsi1
> > > says...

> > > Are you sure that's a *strawberry* guava?

> > No, I'm no expert on plants or fruits. Mostly, I'd call any round guava smaller than a regular guava a "strawberry guava." Some are red and some are yellow.

> I'm no expert either. My main problem with them is how to get rid of the
> seeds before consumption.

People rarely eat the whole fruit over here. Most of the time we go to the store and pick up guava juice, cake, or jelly. In the old days, people used to make their own jam.

http://www.the350degreeoven.com/2015...esh-guava-jam/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, dsi1
says...

> On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 11:38:21 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> > In article >, dsi1
> > says...

> > > No, I'm no expert on plants or fruits. Mostly, I'd call any round guava smaller than a regular guava a "strawberry guava." Some are red and some are yellow.

> > I'm no expert either. My main problem with them is how to get rid of the
> > seeds before consumption.

> People rarely eat the whole fruit over here. Most of the time we go to the store and pick up guava juice, cake, or jelly. In the old days, people used to make their own jam.
>
> http://www.the350degreeoven.com/2015...esh-guava-jam/

Thanks, I'll try that in half a year or so. Maybe it's easier to get rid
of the seeds after the fruit has been cooked.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 8:37:53 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 11:30:29 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > Potatoes, onion, ant corned beef hash. I don't even need the cheese or
> > > eggs.

> > I made hash with a can of Palm Corned Beef and a can of potatoes. This
> > was
> > served along with some cornbread muffins from a 5lb bag of mix.
> > Delicioso!
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy
> >
> > ===============
> >
> > Nice) Ahh I should have taken a pic of the one I made too!
> >
> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> I've been taking pictures of most things that I eat. It's a pretty weird
> thing to do but I see a lot of people doing that.
>
> Here's a strawberry guava that I was eating yesterday. It's quite sweet
> and
> I like to eat the outer part of the fruit. I don't care for the soft pulpy
> part with the hard seeds. It was surprising to see that my daughter
> discarded that part and ate the soft part.
>
> It's a fruit that grows easily over here and you can pick them from the
> tree
> and eat them on the spot. They make wonderful jams and jellies. The
> problem
> is that the guava plants are displacing our native forest plants and grow
> so
> thick that it encroaches on animal habitats and movement. Mostly they are
> big headache for our forestry service.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy
>
> ===================
>
> You and your daughter are a good pair! You eat the outer, she eats the
> inner! No waste)
>
> Those things are unknown to me)
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Guava chiffon cake is a favorite treat over here. I've never made one but
it's easy enough to go to the store and pick one up.

https://hicookery.com/2012/11/26/guava-chiffon-cake/

===============

Very pretty)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> Guava chiffon cake is a favorite treat over here. I've never made one but
> it's easy enough to go to the store and pick one up.
>
> https://hicookery.com/2012/11/26/guava-chiffon-cake/
>
> ===============
>
> Very pretty)

I bet it tastes wonderful too.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> Guava chiffon cake is a favorite treat over here. I've never made one but
> it's easy enough to go to the store and pick one up.
>
> https://hicookery.com/2012/11/26/guava-chiffon-cake/

> Very pretty)

I bet it tastes wonderful too.

Cheri

I have no idea what guava tastes like so I can only imagine)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk