Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Convection ovens

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 5:00:12 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> Squirty wrote and wrong once again:
> >

> > > What the OP is asking for is a countertop convection oven.
> > >
> > > You cannot shop these at Walmart or Target.
> > >
> > > It's a pretty hard request. You may have to look at restaurant supply
> > > houses and browse the brand names from there. They are not a regular
> > > retail item. They cost $400 +/- $75.

> You need to get out more. The one I posted, the B&D,
> can indeed, be bought at Wal Mart. Why do you think I said
> it's on the shelf there and I am pleased with mine? I
> bought mine around the middle of May and it's used on an
> almost daily basis. It will easily accommodate a 9x13
> Pyrex dish, the dish that has handles.
>
> Nobody has to go to a restaurant supply store and pay those
> exorbitant prices for a countertop convection oven.
>
> Good grief.

Being able to fit at least a 9X13 pan would be necessary - for me anyway. It's discouraging to see that the one I had years ago was bigger than the ones available these days. I'd probably get something like this today - It's 70 bucks and sorta large and has a rotisserie.

https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beac.../dp/B0059KY05M