Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet B Janet B is offline

Default I just spent the morning cooking rice wrong

On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 14:42:26 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 7/1/2016 1:41 PM, Janet B wrote:
>>
>> I just spent the morning cooking rice wrong. Twice and going on the
>> third time. By the second time I figured that I wasn't paying
>> attention and did it wrong the first time. So I carefully measured
>> 1/2 cup rice to 2 cups of water and set it on to cook again. Wallpaper
>> paste. What the heck? Then it dawned on me. The hummingbird food
>> recipe is 1 cup of sugar to 4 cups of water and rice is 1 cup of rice
>> to 2 cups of water. Arrgh! Old brain trying to multi task don't work
>>
>> Janet US
>>

>The measurements are usually on the package of rice. Not that I cook a
>lot of rice anymore. But in a saucepan it's a 1:2 ratio, rice to liquid.
>
>Sorry you had a problem with it, Janet.
>
>Jill

Oh, I know all that. It's been a long time since I had to look up a
recipe for rice or for that matter for hummingbird food. I just
screwed up this morning. And did it again, And almost again. As I
said, multi tasking too many things this a.m.
Janet US