Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Diet Pepsi with aspartame returning to shelves in US

On 2016-06-28 10:28 AM, wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 8:23:43 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> Cold water is still the best and it pairs with any food.
>>

> That's for sure. Whenever I eat out I always order water;
> tea and colas are ridiculously expensive in restaurants.

Yes, they certainly are. It is one way for them to make more profit
from their customers and, thanks to our tipping culture, drives up the
cost of the meal on which we are expected to pay a percentage for service.

> At
> home I'll drink a diet cola, usually, with my meals. But when
> I mow the yard I do like to drink a regular Coke. Something
> about that sugar and caffeine spurs me on to finish those
> last five rows of grass.

I was out kayaking with the club on Sunday and it was stinking hot. I
had already finished off a liter and a half of water from my two water
bottles. When we got back to shore it was 34C (93F). It was the first
time in a long time that I craved a nice cold Coke. I passed a couple
corner stores and then got on a main route where the only stores were
attached to gas stations and I can't bring myself to pay those inflated
prices. I had another bottle of water that had been frozen and was
half thawed so I had that instead.