Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default More blackberry jelly

The last of the blackberries are now jelly. Miz Anne put up another four
pints of jelly yesterday afternoon. So far she's put up about twelve
pints from picking the blackberries as they ripen.

Next thing will probably be the figs, they're about thumb sized already
and still growing. Looks to be a fairly good crop for a tree that is
only about four and a half feet tall.

We're harvesting good stuff out of the vegetable garden daily now. May
get more as it seems the heavy rains have finally stopped. The black
crowder peas are producing heavily but so far we have harvested about
two cups of peas. Sweet peppers are abundant and there are two trays of
chopped peppers in the freezer and I should be bagging them.

George