Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Rippling Muscles

On 6/2/2016 9:22 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 6/2/2016 8:31 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Persia used to gently tap my nose to wake me up. Purr in my ear. She
>> was not a meowing alarm clock like Buffy! It took some getting used to!
>> Thing is, I generally just mumble, "uh-uh, wheesht, it's not time
>> yet". I roll over and ignore her. I usually get to go back to sleep.

> Scarlett seems similar to Persia because she'll sit on top of me, or
> knead me (with claws out) and just overall be a big wiggle worm on me
> trying to wake me up to feed her. She used to just touch her whiskers to
> my face but lately I've had insomnia and not sleeping well during real
> sleeping hours so when those things don't work she'll give up. Yesterday
> they didn't get breakfast until 2pm because for the 3rd day in a row I
> was still awake when the sun was coming up. I've been off from work this
> week so didn't have to get up at the normal time. I'd rather that I did,
> though.

Hmmm, Persia didn't sit on me or go wiggle-worm on me. She was really
calm about it. When I said "It's not time yet" she'd curl up next to me
and wait about 10 minutes. Then she'd tap my nose again. Sometimes if
I said the magic phrase a second time I'd get another 10 minutes.

I'm sorry you're not sleeping well. Insomnia sucks. BTDT. I'd rather
get up on a regular schedule, too. But hey, if your body needs sleep
and you don't have to be anywhere... do what your body tells you. Feel
better!

Jill