Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rippling Muscles

White Whiskers:
http://i66.tinypic.com/35isitw.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2016 9:35 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> White Whiskers:
> http://i66.tinypic.com/35isitw.jpg

He looks like a true tomcat, lean and mean but I'm sure he's a pussycat
when you get to know him. I've been trying to take a pic of my Bonnie's
black whiskers for you because you said all cat's whiskers are white. I
can't get the right exposure. She's solid black with only a few white
hairs now that she's gotten older. In her youth she didn't have a single
white fur on her, not even whiskers.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2016 8:38 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 6/1/2016 9:35 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> White Whiskers:
>> http://i66.tinypic.com/35isitw.jpg
>>

> He looks like a true tomcat, lean and mean but I'm sure he's a pussycat
> when you get to know him. I've been trying to take a pic of my Bonnie's
> black whiskers for you because you said all cat's whiskers are white. I
> can't get the right exposure. She's solid black with only a few white
> hairs now that she's gotten older. In her youth she didn't have a single
> white fur on her, not even whiskers.

That sounds like Holly. She still had a solid-black fur coat (not a
single white hair) up to the time when she died at age 18.5. Her
whispers were all black, and so was her nose and the pads of her feet.
Now I have Nikki. She is almost the same except for one very small area
where there are a few white hairs.

MaryL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 > wrote in
:

> White Whiskers:
> http://i66.tinypic.com/35isitw.jpg

Tuxedos are the best!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> White Whiskers:
> http://i66.tinypic.com/35isitw.jpg

I had a funny thing yesterday. I was working in the garden when I noticed
a cat curled up on top of the water butt. It was just watching I said
'hello' and it gave a little meow back)) I said, what are you doing
there? It meowed back again)) It was talking to me!!!! I spoke a bit
more and it came down to say hello and be petted but after a few minutes
Poppy came out and it ran off. It is usual for a cat to reply?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 2 Jun 2016 09:02:42 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
.. .
>> White Whiskers:
>> http://i66.tinypic.com/35isitw.jpg

>I had a funny thing yesterday. I was working in the garden when I noticed
>a cat curled up on top of the water butt. It was just watching I said
>'hello' and it gave a little meow back)) I said, what are you doing
>there? It meowed back again)) It was talking to me!!!! I spoke a bit
>more and it came down to say hello and be petted but after a few minutes
>Poppy came out and it ran off. It is usual for a cat to reply?

Fairly common. The cat I have now 'talks' - she will more likely come
to me if I meow than if I call her by name
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2016 09:02:42 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> White Whiskers:
>>> http://i66.tinypic.com/35isitw.jpg

>>I had a funny thing yesterday. I was working in the garden when I
>>noticed
>>a cat curled up on top of the water butt. It was just watching I said
>>'hello' and it gave a little meow back)) I said, what are you doing
>>there? It meowed back again)) It was talking to me!!!! I spoke a bit
>>more and it came down to say hello and be petted but after a few minutes
>>Poppy came out and it ran off. It is usual for a cat to reply?

> Fairly common. The cat I have now 'talks' - she will more likely come
> to me if I meow than if I call her by name

Cool. I had never heard of that. Cats are so sweet, it must be nice to be
able to have one

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> > wrote:
> > Fairly common. The cat I have now 'talks' - she will more likely come
> > to me if I meow than if I call her by name

> Cool. I had never heard of that. Cats are so sweet, it must be nice to be
> able to have one

In your case, I assume allergy/asthma issues with a cat? I know it's a
common allergy. Most of my life I had cats. They really are "cool
people" and extremely low maintenance compared to other pets.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2016 3:02 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
>> White Whiskers:
>> http://i66.tinypic.com/35isitw.jpg

> I had a funny thing yesterday. I was working in the garden when I
> noticed a cat curled up on top of the water butt. It was just
> watching I said 'hello' and it gave a little meow back)) I said,
> what are you doing there? It meowed back again)) It was talking to
> me!!!! I spoke a bit more and it came down to say hello and be petted
> but after a few minutes Poppy came out and it ran off. It is usual for
> a cat to reply?

I have 3 cats. Two of them are talkers, especially Duffy (now age 18).
He will start it if he thinks he is not getting enough attention.

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2016 4:02 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> I had a funny thing yesterday. I was working in the garden when I
> noticed a cat curled up on top of the water butt. It was just
> watching I said 'hello' and it gave a little meow back)) I said,
> what are you doing there? It meowed back again)) It was talking to
> me!!!! I spoke a bit more and it came down to say hello and be petted
> but after a few minutes Poppy came out and it ran off. It is usual for
> a cat to reply?

Lots of cats are talkers. This one will have a long conversation with
you, she seems to think it's only polite to answer when you talk to
her.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 2 Jun 2016 06:54:30 -0500, MaryL >
wrote:

>On 6/2/2016 3:02 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
>>> White Whiskers:
>>> http://i66.tinypic.com/35isitw.jpg

>> I had a funny thing yesterday. I was working in the garden when I
>> noticed a cat curled up on top of the water butt. It was just
>> watching I said 'hello' and it gave a little meow back)) I said,
>> what are you doing there? It meowed back again)) It was talking to
>> me!!!! I spoke a bit more and it came down to say hello and be petted
>> but after a few minutes Poppy came out and it ran off. It is usual for
>> a cat to reply?
>>

>I have 3 cats. Two of them are talkers, especially Duffy (now age 18).
>He will start it if he thinks he is not getting enough attention.
>
>MaryL

Definitely that! Mine also runs to the door when I come home meowing
a greeting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> > wrote:
>> > Fairly common. The cat I have now 'talks' - she will more likely come
>> > to me if I meow than if I call her by name

>> Cool. I had never heard of that. Cats are so sweet, it must be nice to
>> be
>> able to have one

> In your case, I assume allergy/asthma issues with a cat? I know it's a
> common allergy. Most of my life I had cats. They really are "cool
> people" and extremely low maintenance compared to other pets.

Yes, it's the dander

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"MaryL" > wrote in message
> On 6/2/2016 3:02 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
>>> White Whiskers:
>>> http://i66.tinypic.com/35isitw.jpg

>> I had a funny thing yesterday. I was working in the garden when I
>> noticed a cat curled up on top of the water butt. It was just
>> watching I said 'hello' and it gave a little meow back)) I said,
>> what are you doing there? It meowed back again)) It was talking to
>> me!!!! I spoke a bit more and it came down to say hello and be petted
>> but after a few minutes Poppy came out and it ran off. It is usual for
>> a cat to reply?
>>

> I have 3 cats. Two of them are talkers, especially Duffy (now age 18). He
> will start it if he thinks he is not getting enough attention.

Awwww that is wonderful)) Just not something I have ever heard of )))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
news
> On 6/2/2016 4:02 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>
>> I had a funny thing yesterday. I was working in the garden when I
>> noticed a cat curled up on top of the water butt. It was just
>> watching I said 'hello' and it gave a little meow back)) I said,
>> what are you doing there? It meowed back again)) It was talking to
>> me!!!! I spoke a bit more and it came down to say hello and be petted
>> but after a few minutes Poppy came out and it ran off. It is usual for
>> a cat to reply?

> Lots of cats are talkers. This one will have a long conversation with
> you, she seems to think it's only polite to answer when you talk to
> her.

LOL I love it)) I have to say I was stunned yesterday with that cat))
It was lovely)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2016 8:49 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> Lots of cats are talkers. This one will have a long conversation with
>> you, she seems to think it's only polite to answer when you talk to
>> her.

> LOL I love it)) I have to say I was stunned yesterday with that
> cat)) It was lovely)

There is a lot of talk about cats being standoffish and aloof.
Sometimes I tell her, Why can't you be a little more aloof and
go entertain yourself? Heh.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 2 Jun 2016 09:44:23 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 6/2/2016 8:49 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> Lots of cats are talkers. This one will have a long conversation with
>>> you, she seems to think it's only polite to answer when you talk to
>>> her.

>> LOL I love it)) I have to say I was stunned yesterday with that
>> cat)) It was lovely)

>There is a lot of talk about cats being standoffish and aloof.
>Sometimes I tell her, Why can't you be a little more aloof and
>go entertain yourself? Heh.
>
>nancy

Lol - not when she feels needy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 6/2/2016 8:49 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> Lots of cats are talkers. This one will have a long conversation with
>>> you, she seems to think it's only polite to answer when you talk to
>>> her.

>> LOL I love it)) I have to say I was stunned yesterday with that
>> cat)) It was lovely)

> There is a lot of talk about cats being standoffish and aloof.
> Sometimes I tell her, Why can't you be a little more aloof and
> go entertain yourself? Heh.

lol aaaaaaaaaaw I bet if she did you wouldn't be very happy

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 2 Jun 2016 09:44:23 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 6/2/2016 8:49 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> Lots of cats are talkers. This one will have a long conversation with
>>> you, she seems to think it's only polite to answer when you talk to
>>> her.

>> LOL I love it)) I have to say I was stunned yesterday with that
>> cat)) It was lovely)

>There is a lot of talk about cats being standoffish and aloof.
>Sometimes I tell her, Why can't you be a little more aloof and
>go entertain yourself? Heh.
>
>nancy

one of my feral cats left me a present at the back door today. I'll
leave it there until my husband gets a chance to praise the cats and
let him handle the disposal. (it was a mouse)
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> White Whiskers:
>> http://i66.tinypic.com/35isitw.jpg
>>

>He looks like a true tomcat, lean and mean but I'm sure he's a pussycat
>when you get to know him. I've been trying to take a pic of my Bonnie's
>black whiskers for you because you said all cat's whiskers are white. I
>can't get the right exposure. She's solid black with only a few white
>hairs now that she's gotten older. In her youth she didn't have a single
>white fur on her, not even whiskers.

I wasn't me who said all cats have white whiskers. I named that feral
cat White Whiskers because his are so prominent, mostly refered to as
Whiskers. He's the largest feral that comes around to eat, he has to
weigh well over 30 pounds and is solid muscle, which is very evident
rippling as he strolls across my yard. However he is shy, he comes to
eat when the other cats aren't around. Whiskers comes by most days
but only stays long enough to eat... he arrives in the middle of the
day, not during regular feeding times; 5 AM & 6 PM. I have food out
all day for any visiters but it all comes in about 10 PM, so as not to
attract skunks, possums, and other nocturnal scavengers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2016 9:38 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 6/1/2016 9:35 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> White Whiskers:
>> http://i66.tinypic.com/35isitw.jpg
>>

> He looks like a true tomcat, lean and mean but I'm sure he's a pussycat
> when you get to know him. I've been trying to take a pic of my Bonnie's
> black whiskers for you because you said all cat's whiskers are white. I
> can't get the right exposure. She's solid black with only a few white
> hairs now that she's gotten older. In her youth she didn't have a single
> white fur on her, not even whiskers.

Persia (RB) was grey with grey whiskers, a grey nose and grey paw-pads.
Nary a bit of white on her.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2016 8:42 AM, wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2016 06:54:30 -0500, MaryL >
> wrote:

http://i66.tinypic.com/35isitw.jpg

>>> I had a funny thing yesterday. I was working in the garden when I
>>> noticed a cat curled up on top of the water butt. It was just
>>> watching I said 'hello' and it gave a little meow back)) I said,
>>> what are you doing there? It meowed back again)) It was talking to
>>> me!!!! I spoke a bit more and it came down to say hello and be petted
>>> but after a few minutes Poppy came out and it ran off. It is usual for
>>> a cat to reply?
>>>

>> I have 3 cats. Two of them are talkers, especially Duffy (now age 18).
>> He will start it if he thinks he is not getting enough attention.
>>
>> MaryL

> Definitely that! Mine also runs to the door when I come home meowing
> a greeting.

Absolutely! The talking either means food or attention. My current
cat, Buffy, sits on pet steps in the window in the dining room. When
she hears the garage door open (Jill's home!) she runs to the entrance
to the kitchen (I come in through the garage) and meows a greeting.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2016 8:02 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 6/2/2016 4:02 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>
>> I had a funny thing yesterday. I was working in the garden when I
>> noticed a cat curled up on top of the water butt. It was just
>> watching I said 'hello' and it gave a little meow back)) I said,
>> what are you doing there? It meowed back again)) It was talking to
>> me!!!! I spoke a bit more and it came down to say hello and be petted
>> but after a few minutes Poppy came out and it ran off. It is usual for
>> a cat to reply?

> Lots of cats are talkers. This one will have a long conversation with
> you, she seems to think it's only polite to answer when you talk to
> her.
>
> nancy

LOL

I've only had Buffy for a year (this month!). She was pretty quiet for
a while but now she's more talkative. One thing is certain, when she
wants me to wake up in the morning (feed me!) she meows next to my face.
She also gives me little kisses on my temple and at the outer corner
of my eye. Sweet, but not at 6AM!

Persia used to gently tap my nose to wake me up. Purr in my ear. She
was not a meowing alarm clock like Buffy! It took some getting used to!
Thing is, I generally just mumble, "uh-uh, wheesht, it's not time
yet". I roll over and ignore her. I usually get to go back to sleep.

Then again, Buffy can be a bit of a watch-cat and very vocal. She lets
me know if she hears someone approaching the front door. She'll meow,
jump down and trot in that direction. She's usually correct (some
contractor I was expecting). Sometimes she sticks around to see who it
is, other times she just meows and skeedaddles and leaves me to the
potential serial killer. (laugh) Sometimes if she's half-snoozing and
hears a doorbell on TV that sounds like mine, she startles. Like, uh
oh, did she miss someting? Is someone here? I pat her and say, "It's
on TV". :-D

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2016 10:06 AM, Janet B wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2016 09:44:23 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> On 6/2/2016 8:49 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> LOL I love it)) I have to say I was stunned yesterday with that
>>> cat)) It was lovely)

>> There is a lot of talk about cats being standoffish and aloof.
>> Sometimes I tell her, Why can't you be a little more aloof and
>> go entertain yourself? Heh.
>>
>> nancy

> one of my feral cats left me a present at the back door today. I'll
> leave it there until my husband gets a chance to praise the cats and
> let him handle the disposal. (it was a mouse)
> Janet US

They know who feeds them and want to reciprocate. They may never be
able to be acclaimated to indoors/homed but they do show appreciation
for your care of them. How cool!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2016 8:31 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> I've only had Buffy for a year (this month!). She was pretty quiet for
> a while but now she's more talkative. One thing is certain, when she
> wants me to wake up in the morning (feed me!) she meows next to my face.
> She also gives me little kisses on my temple and at the outer corner of
> my eye. Sweet, but not at 6AM!
>
> Persia used to gently tap my nose to wake me up. Purr in my ear. She
> was not a meowing alarm clock like Buffy! It took some getting used to!
> Thing is, I generally just mumble, "uh-uh, wheesht, it's not time
> yet". I roll over and ignore her. I usually get to go back to sleep.

Scarlett seems similar to Persia because she'll sit on top of me, or
knead me (with claws out) and just overall be a big wiggle worm on me
trying to wake me up to feed her. She used to just touch her whiskers to
my face but lately I've had insomnia and not sleeping well during real
sleeping hours so when those things don't work she'll give up. Yesterday
they didn't get breakfast until 2pm because for the 3rd day in a row I
was still awake when the sun was coming up. I've been off from work this
week so didn't have to get up at the normal time. I'd rather that I did,
though.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 5:50:13 AM UTC-7, Ophelia wrote:

> >> Cool. I had never heard of that. Cats are so sweet, it must be nice to
> >> be
> >> able to have one

> > In your case, I assume allergy/asthma issues with a cat? I know it's a
> > common allergy. Most of my life I had cats. They really are "cool
> > people" and extremely low maintenance compared to other pets.

> Yes, it's the dander
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Actually it is not usually the dander that affects most people who are "allergic" to cats the most.

Thee is a protein in their saliva that affects you. The easiest way to cat proof your dwelling is to regularly "wash" surfaces where cats are present with a dilute tannic acid solution. Some people use it in a fine mist sprayer on their upholstered furniture as well. It works like a charm. A 3-5% solution of tannic acid works on cat and dust mite allergies.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 5:50:13 AM UTC-7, Ophelia wrote:

>> > In your case, I assume allergy/asthma issues with a cat? I know it's a
>> > common allergy. Most of my life I had cats. They really are "cool
>> > people" and extremely low maintenance compared to other pets.

>> Yes, it's the dander
>>

>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

> Actually it is not usually the dander that affects most people who are
> "allergic" to cats the most.
>
> Thee is a protein in their saliva that affects you. The easiest way to
> cat proof your dwelling is to regularly "wash" surfaces where cats are
> present with a dilute tannic acid solution. Some people use it in a fine
> mist sprayer on their upholstered furniture as well. It works like a
> charm. A 3-5% solution of tannic acid works on cat and dust mite
> allergies.

Interesting! Too late for me though because I now have dogs and the one I
have at the moment is terrified of cats.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2016 9:22 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 6/2/2016 8:31 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Persia used to gently tap my nose to wake me up. Purr in my ear. She
>> was not a meowing alarm clock like Buffy! It took some getting used to!
>> Thing is, I generally just mumble, "uh-uh, wheesht, it's not time
>> yet". I roll over and ignore her. I usually get to go back to sleep.

> Scarlett seems similar to Persia because she'll sit on top of me, or
> knead me (with claws out) and just overall be a big wiggle worm on me
> trying to wake me up to feed her. She used to just touch her whiskers to
> my face but lately I've had insomnia and not sleeping well during real
> sleeping hours so when those things don't work she'll give up. Yesterday
> they didn't get breakfast until 2pm because for the 3rd day in a row I
> was still awake when the sun was coming up. I've been off from work this
> week so didn't have to get up at the normal time. I'd rather that I did,
> though.

Hmmm, Persia didn't sit on me or go wiggle-worm on me. She was really
calm about it. When I said "It's not time yet" she'd curl up next to me
and wait about 10 minutes. Then she'd tap my nose again. Sometimes if
I said the magic phrase a second time I'd get another 10 minutes.

I'm sorry you're not sleeping well. Insomnia sucks. BTDT. I'd rather
get up on a regular schedule, too. But hey, if your body needs sleep
and you don't have to be anywhere... do what your body tells you. Feel
better!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> I'm sorry you're not sleeping well. Insomnia sucks. BTDT. I'd rather
> get up on a regular schedule, too. But hey, if your body needs sleep
> and you don't have to be anywhere... do what your body tells you. Feel
> better!

Since age 17, I've always gotten up at 4:30 am. Used to be for early
am surfing but now it's just because I love to get up before the sun
does. Nice time of day. By 6am, I either leave for work or I'll go the
grocery store...just to get out a bit and my one grocery store is the
only one that opens that early.

Taking care of Mia at the end had me getting up every 2 hours all
night, taking care of her, then I was all awake and couldn't just go
back to sleep. Maybe for an hour, then it was Mia time again. I did
this for months and I'm still in that sleep pattern...waking up every
2 hours or so and living on cat naps. Luckily, I get by nicely on
only about 5 hours sleep each night.

I actually do like this hit and miss sleep pattern. I get to read for
a bit each time I wake up and that's a good thing here. :-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> I'm sorry you're not sleeping well. Insomnia sucks. BTDT. I'd rather
>> get up on a regular schedule, too. But hey, if your body needs sleep
>> and you don't have to be anywhere... do what your body tells you. Feel
>> better!

> Since age 17, I've always gotten up at 4:30 am. Used to be for early
> am surfing but now it's just because I love to get up before the sun
> does. Nice time of day. By 6am, I either leave for work or I'll go the
> grocery store...just to get out a bit and my one grocery store is the
> only one that opens that early.

I got up for many years at 4:00 A.M. for work, now...I really don't need to
be up, but I'm mostly up by 4:30, do the morning chores, grocery shop at
6:00 or so, luckily there are more than one supermarkets here that open
early. Usually not many people out at that time, today being the exception,
Safeway had a long line and only one checker working at 6:30, and Lowe's had
3 people returning things, pretty unusual for this town.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> > White Whiskers:
> > http://i66.tinypic.com/35isitw.jpg

> I had a funny thing yesterday. I was working in the garden when I noticed
> a cat curled up on top of the water butt. It was just watching I said
> 'hello' and it gave a little meow back)) I said, what are you doing
> there? It meowed back again)) It was talking to me!!!! I spoke a bit
> more and it came down to say hello and be petted but after a few minutes
> Poppy came out and it ran off. It is usual for a cat to reply?

That's a sweet story, Ms. O... ;-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm sorry you're not sleeping well. Insomnia sucks. BTDT. I'd rather
>>> get up on a regular schedule, too. But hey, if your body needs sleep
>>> and you don't have to be anywhere... do what your body tells you. Feel
>>> better!

>> Since age 17, I've always gotten up at 4:30 am. Used to be for early
>> am surfing but now it's just because I love to get up before the sun
>> does. Nice time of day. By 6am, I either leave for work or I'll go the
>> grocery store...just to get out a bit and my one grocery store is the
>> only one that opens that early.

> I got up for many years at 4:00 A.M. for work, now...I really don't need
> to be up, but I'm mostly up by 4:30, do the morning chores, grocery shop
> at 6:00 or so, luckily there are more than one supermarkets here that open
> early. Usually not many people out at that time, today being the
> exception, Safeway had a long line and only one checker working at 6:30,
> and Lowe's had 3 people returning things, pretty unusual for this town.

We have a saying, 'habits die hard'

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bon Ami" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:
>
>> "Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
>> > White Whiskers:
>> > http://i66.tinypic.com/35isitw.jpg

>> I had a funny thing yesterday. I was working in the garden when I
>> noticed
>> a cat curled up on top of the water butt. It was just watching I said
>> 'hello' and it gave a little meow back)) I said, what are you doing
>> there? It meowed back again)) It was talking to me!!!! I spoke a
>> bit
>> more and it came down to say hello and be petted but after a few minutes
>> Poppy came out and it ran off. It is usual for a cat to reply?

> That's a sweet story, Ms. O... ;-)

Yes it was and I must say I am sad that I can't have more interaction with
cats like that. It was lovely

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Since age 17, I've always gotten up at 4:30 am. Used to be for early
>>> am surfing but now it's just because I love to get up before the sun
>>> does. Nice time of day. By 6am, I either leave for work or I'll go the
>>> grocery store...just to get out a bit and my one grocery store is the
>>> only one that opens that early.

>> I got up for many years at 4:00 A.M. for work, now...I really don't need
>> to be up, but I'm mostly up by 4:30, do the morning chores, grocery shop
>> at 6:00 or so, luckily there are more than one supermarkets here that
>> open early. Usually not many people out at that time, today being the
>> exception, Safeway had a long line and only one checker working at 6:30,
>> and Lowe's had 3 people returning things, pretty unusual for this town.
>>

> We have a saying, 'habits die hard'

Yes, and it's funny but during the working years, I could have slept in
easily, now...no matter what time I go to bed, up early, but they do say
that older people need less sleep.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> I got up for many years at 4:00 A.M. for work, now...I really don't need
>>> to be up, but I'm mostly up by 4:30, do the morning chores, grocery shop
>>> at 6:00 or so, luckily there are more than one supermarkets here that
>>> open early. Usually not many people out at that time, today being the
>>> exception, Safeway had a long line and only one checker working at 6:30,
>>> and Lowe's had 3 people returning things, pretty unusual for this town.
>>>

>> We have a saying, 'habits die hard'

> Yes, and it's funny but during the working years, I could have slept in
> easily, now...no matter what time I go to bed, up early, but they do say
> that older people need less sleep.

I could certainly use more

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2016 1:13 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> jmcquown > Wrote in message:
>

>> Hmmm, Persia didn't sit on me or go wiggle-worm on me. She was really
>> calm about it. When I said "It's not time yet" she'd curl up next to me
>> and wait about 10 minutes. Then she'd tap my nose again. Sometimes if
>> I said the magic phrase a second time I'd get another 10 minutes.
>>

> I just meant how Persia used to wake you in general. I've never had one do that before Scarlett.

It was very endearing. Scarlett is just saying hey mom, it's time to
feed me.

>> I'm sorry you're not sleeping well. Insomnia sucks. BTDT. I'd rather
>> get up on a regular schedule, too. But hey, if your body needs sleep
>> and you don't have to be anywhere... do what your body tells you. Feel
>> better!
>>

> Thank you!

I think we've discussed this before, in this very ng. Have you tried
MidNite? It's an herbal sleep tablet. Works a treat when you can't sleep.

It won't help with the wacky hours you seem to have to work, though.

Jill