View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to alt.food.recipes
external usenet poster

Default SPOILED ROTTEN EVERYTHING at Redner's Markets (Reading, PA)

On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 5:43:53 AM UTC-5, The New Other Guy wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 05:23:25 -0500 (EST), John >
> wrote:
>
> >Fritz Wuehler
> >ell.theremailer.net> Wrote in message:
> >> ROTTING Meat

> >
> >Would it not be wiser to get what you can at one of the nearest
> > Amish communities?

>
> It would be SMARTER, not to mention more effective,
> if he just filed a complaint with the local health dept.

Obviously John isnt from the area or he would know you can not get just whatever you want from the AMish anytime you want and
why would you want to?
I'm from Mennonite background and my father once owned a farmer's market and poultry dressing plant and I can tell you amish are not that clean. Their canned goods often are moldy or close to it and unsafe and in general. Amish do not follow basic rules of clenliness we follow with foods today. Usually it is simply because they have not had the proper training and do not have basic sanitary equipment or inspection for their goods. There is a loophole in food regs in PA which state that if you butcher your OWN raised meat you do not need federal inspection to sell it to the general public
If you would have seen what I have seen in Amish farms and foods from them and how they handle foods you would not touch ANYTHING they sell except perhaps baked goods and perhaps some smoked goods and so forth
Foods that are highly preserved with a lot of chemicals or fresh vegetables and fruits may be ok, but not foods like meats and poultry and the like that need to be carefully handled and refrigerated or foods that require canning or proper cold storage
Amish are known for cruelty to animals and also unclean methods of living by people who have lived around them all their lives and know better and it has only recently become
evident to a few from other areas due to articles in the Lancaster newspaper