Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Posted to va.general,alt.food.recipes

Default SPOILED ROTTEN EVERYTHING at Redner's Markets (Reading, PA)

Fritz Wuehler
ell.theremailer.net> Wrote in message:
> ROTTING Meat
> SPOILED Dairy products
> EXPIRED cereals/staples
> OVERPRICED wilted vegetables
> ROTTEN Fruit
>
> This ****ED warehouse grocery store is doing
> business in Maryland, Delaware and Pennsylvania.
>

> Redner's Markets, Inc.
> #3 Quarry Road
> Reading, PA 19605
> Phone: 610-926-3700
> Fax: 610-926-6327
> E-mail:

http://www.rednersmarkets.com

Would it not be wiser to get what you can at one of the nearest
Amish communities? Atleast your food will be fresher and grown
better than most factory-styled farms we have now, I should know
I grew up on a family farm and now retired living on the farm and
farming now is nothing like it use to be as in the variety of
foods once grown.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to va.general,alt.food.recipes

On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 05:23:25 -0500 (EST), John >
wrote:

>Fritz Wuehler
>ell.theremailer.net> Wrote in message:
>> ROTTING Meat

>Would it not be wiser to get what you can at one of the nearest
> Amish communities?

It would be SMARTER, not to mention more effective,
if he just filed a complaint with the local health dept.

Posted to alt.food.recipes

On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 5:43:53 AM UTC-5, The New Other Guy wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 05:23:25 -0500 (EST), John >
> wrote:
>
> >Fritz Wuehler
> >ell.theremailer.net> Wrote in message:
> >> ROTTING Meat

> >Would it not be wiser to get what you can at one of the nearest
> > Amish communities?

> It would be SMARTER, not to mention more effective,
> if he just filed a complaint with the local health dept.

Obviously John isnt from the area or he would know you can not get just whatever you want from the AMish anytime you want and
why would you want to?
I'm from Mennonite background and my father once owned a farmer's market and poultry dressing plant and I can tell you amish are not that clean. Their canned goods often are moldy or close to it and unsafe and in general. Amish do not follow basic rules of clenliness we follow with foods today. Usually it is simply because they have not had the proper training and do not have basic sanitary equipment or inspection for their goods. There is a loophole in food regs in PA which state that if you butcher your OWN raised meat you do not need federal inspection to sell it to the general public
If you would have seen what I have seen in Amish farms and foods from them and how they handle foods you would not touch ANYTHING they sell except perhaps baked goods and perhaps some smoked goods and so forth
Foods that are highly preserved with a lot of chemicals or fresh vegetables and fruits may be ok, but not foods like meats and poultry and the like that need to be carefully handled and refrigerated or foods that require canning or proper cold storage
Amish are known for cruelty to animals and also unclean methods of living by people who have lived around them all their lives and know better and it has only recently become
evident to a few from other areas due to articles in the Lancaster newspaper

rotten egg smell sf[_19_] General Cooking 12 27-11-2009 12:14 AM
Rotten Olive Oil Affit Davey General Cooking 3 31-10-2007 07:21 PM
I'm so spoiled Nancy Young General Cooking 29 06-05-2005 07:16 PM
Rotten Edd Odor Egis/CORE Winemaking 1 23-10-2004 08:16 AM
rotten egg smell? Craig Winemaking 16 02-11-2003 11:52 PM