Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Roast pork?

On Fri, 8 Apr 2016 15:12:27 -0600, carnal asada > wrote:

> http://www.manilaspoon.com/2013/07/t...ken-adobo.html
>
> Ingredients
>
> 1 kilo/2.2 lbs of either chicken or pork* cutlets or a combination
> 1/2 (up to 3/4) cup vinegar
> 1/3 cup water
> 1/3 (up to 1/2) cup soy sauce
> 1/2 Head of Garlic, peeled and crushed
> 1 1/2 teaspoons, Whole Black Peppercorns or to taste (sometimes I use
> ground)
> 2 Bay leaves
> 1-2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar, or to taste (optional)

That's vinegar heavy, so if using cider or distilled - keep the
vinegar and soy to the same proportions and taste for balance, one
can't overwhelm the other. Then add one part of water. Bay leaves
are not optional, they must be used for best flavor.

Don't use sugar. Kekap manis is not the type of soy sauce to use for
Filipino style adobo.

--

sf