Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Are full-fat dairy foods better for you after all?

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 09:33:59 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

> On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 10:57:29 AM UTC-4, Janet B wrote:
> > this study was reported in the journal "Circulation".

> Major snippage.
>
> I take the middle road. 2% milk, low-fat yogurt sometimes,
> full-fat yogurt other times, and real butter when I want
> something buttery, but all in moderation. I've reduced
> my intake of carbs, but I can't really say I'm even
> "low carb", just "not stupid carbs".
>
> We'll see how that plays out over time.
>
> Of course, people want there to be one cause for things,
> and a magic bullet to fix problems. The real world
> just isn't so accommodating.

I used to do 2% too, but I don't consume much milk or cream so I
switched to full fat milk and heavy cream because they are all purpose
for me. The cream goes in my coffee and takes the place of a flour
slurry in gravy, milk is always used up before it goes bad if I stick
to a quart. Don't ask me how, the specifics range from cereal to
quiche.

--

sf