Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Roast pork?

itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>Janet B wrote:
>>
>> My mother always did a pork roast and a veal roast side by side for
>> Sunday dinner. Within the last year or so I saw several recipes from
>> the mid-west that combined the two. Did your mother do both roasts?
>> My mother used salt and pepper, period.
>> Janet US
>>

>No, it would one meat at a time only.
>
>I snagged two small pork roasts today with just a
>smidge of fat on them for flavor. At least I
>have two to experiment on.

I was in town for my yearly eye exam today so I decided to stop into
the market for a few items and with all this talk about pork roasts I
picked up a very nice on-bone center cut pork roast, 4 1/2 pounds/
$3.79 lb... all seasoned (Penseys adobo, s n'p) and waiting in the
fridge... will go in the oven in about an hour