Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Roast pork?

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>Ophelia wrote:
>>Roy wrote:
>> >
>> > I don't know about others but I just roast pork in a small roaster or a
>> > Pyrex casserole disk with a glass lid, with a bit of water (to keep it
>> > from burning to the roaster or casserole dish), salt and pepper and
>> > seasoned with either sage or poultry dressing. I usually turn the roast
>> > half way through the roasting and add water if needed. You can roast it
>> > loosely covered with aluminum foil if you wish and open it up for the last
>> > half hour or so to brown. I generally roast at 325-350 degrees F., for 2
>> > 1/2 to 3 hours depending on weight.
>> > The cooked noodles, if desired, can be added near the end of the process
>> > or serve with mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetable. I often just
>> > use hot cooked long grain rice, add a bit of butter and a sprinkle of soya
>> > sauce.
>> >
>> > Now watch for the critics to tear my method to shreds and tell me I should
>> > learn to cook before attempting procedures such as roasting meat.
>> >
>> > My guests love the way I cook, so I could care less about the critics.
>> > Anyway keep experimenting and enjoy the results.

>> I would never dream of tearing your method to shreds, but your idea of
>> 'roast' is totally different to mine)

>As is mine (except for "pot roast", which is a braise, but the name has
>stuck and who am I to contract my grandmother?)
>
>Pork loin, uncovered in a medium oven until about 145 F inside. Rest
>and carve.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

This is one way I cook roast pork... works well with boneless pork
loins too, and I play with the marinade flavors; orange works well
(easiest is a couple spoons of orange marmalade).
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/14769/chinese-roast-pork/
I don't care for what folks call "pulled pork". not at all... I think
it was born as a way to salvage overly braised meat... all one tastes
is sugary BBQ sauce, may as well serve a bottle with a straw... I
might like BBQ sauce from a Playtex Nurser! LOL
Wow, quite an assortment... gotta test em out with my Crystal Palace:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_1w8rurd2pc_e
This should work:
http://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Full-S...laytex+nursers
This looks interesting: