Posted to rec.food.sourdough
dusty dusty is offline

Default Sourdough "simple system of steps".. Yes, please?

On 14-Mar-16 08:12, Lisa Lingo wrote:
>> Dang! No traffic for so long...so I don't visit for a few weeks, and
>> the wheels fall off !

....<snippage>...
>> The years have left me with a simple system of steps that I use,
>> and I couldn't find a good reason to change that just to do so.

....<snippage>...

> Dusty, is your simple system of steps, posted here or in Facebook? I could definitely use and would very much appreciate having a simple system. My poor culture is sitting in the fridge, abused and unused.

Sadly, my lady, I do not have it in print somewhere (at least not where
I looked on short notice). I have many such instructions, I just
couldn't find the one I used most often. Since our kids & grand-kids
have taken over the making of our bread, I've not had an occasion to use
that in some years. Done too many other, similar things in the interim
to have a clear recollection of that process. Worked out many of the
details, many, many years ago with the help of some of the folks that
used to be in this group (I think--there used to be several active
groups). But, what I will do is browse some of my older archives and
see if I can find it. And, since I'm want to 'make stuff up
as-I-go-along, I'll probably have to try it out a few times to make sure
I got the right process.
At the moment I'm entangled in the process of making some sourdough,
rye, cranberry-walnut bread. Still not coming out the way I want it to
(i.e. it still doesn't look & taste like the stuff I used to get from a
place that used to make it). But this time, once I "get" it, I'll be
sure to write it down in an easy-to-find place.

Take care and be well all,
Dusty
--
"Belief is the blissful twilight that those without the courage of true
convictions cling to in order to escape the sometimes harsh