Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Sous Vide Cooking

On 2016-01-09, > wrote:

> Do you find the flavour develops with a pressure cooker though?

I think so.

As I've reiterated dozens of times, put meat in water, the flavor will
leech out. It's how stock is made. duh....

So, I try to expose my cooking meat to as little liquid as possible.
Nothing will beat sous vide, as the protein never touches the water,
but a pressure cooker only needs enough liquid (water?) to maintain
moisture in the vessel. In fact, when doing a ham, I typically end up
with more liquid than when I started, as hams are notorious for
being pumped fulla water/brine.

Anywho, the bottom line is, pressure cooked meats do not lose as much
flavor as meat cooked in a slow-cooker, which requires more liquid.

That's my take on it and I'm sticking to it until I'm proved
wrong.

nb