Randell Tarin

Default carrots

On 08/29/04 12:39 AM, in article ,
"Michael Balarama" > wrote:

> I buy carrots and juice them-I was wondering how they are grown-I
> have purchased Organic and regular-they both are completely clean from
> any dirt..I wash them-but there is no dirt. Not even one spot..How are
> they grown? I now use regular grown-they are $1.67-Organic is $4.49
> for 5lbs so quite a savings-I was told that they are certified Organic if
> certain chemicals are not used.
> But how are they grown without any dirt...
> thanks
> Michael

Hydroponically

The physiological requirements of plants can be met without the use of soil
or natural sunlight. Plants are rooted (and thus supported) in an inert
medium and nutrition is provided by water soluble mineral elements.* They
are organically grown, just not in dirt AND without the need for
insecticides.

See:
http://www.hydroponics.com/

One question Michael...what do you do with the pulp of the carrots once
you've juiced them? What do you do for fiber in your diet.

I'm only asking because I want to start juicing, but I need lots of fiber in
my diet to ward off colon cancer <family history of it>.

Randell Tarin