John Coleman

they just prewash them well, I doubt they are hydroponic, but who knows?

John

"Michael Balarama" > wrote in message

> I buy carrots and juice them-I was wondering how they are grown-I
> have purchased Organic and regular-they both are completely clean from
> any dirt..I wash them-but there is no dirt. Not even one spot..How are
> they grown? I now use regular grown-they are $1.67-Organic is $4.49
> for 5lbs so quite a savings-I was told that they are certified Organic if
> certain chemicals are not used.
> But how are they grown without any dirt...
> thanks
> Michael

Michael Balarama

> See: http://www.hydroponics.com/
>
> One question Michael...what do you do with the pulp of the carrots once
> you've juiced them? What do you do for fiber in your diet.

eat of apples.bananas, salads, rice-normal vegetarian diet.. but the 2 pts
of carrot celery seems to help-oh-I eat 6 prunes every night-soak them in
boiing water first..
I doubt these carrots are hydroponically grown-but could be.. Uses to juice
some-my wife got sick and I started making carrot juice for her-well 8
months later I am addicted..
Michael

Sarah Carter

Michael Balarama > wrote in message

> I buy carrots and juice them-I was wondering how they are grown-I
> have purchased Organic and regular-they both are completely clean from
> any dirt..I wash them-but there is no dirt. Not even one spot..How are
> they grown? I now use regular grown-they are $1.67-Organic is $4.49
> for 5lbs so quite a savings-I was told that they are certified Organic if
> certain chemicals are not used.
> But how are they grown without any dirt...

Carrots are grown in a light soil, sometimes even sandy, so generally the
soil isn't sticky and falls off quite easily.

HTH,

Sarah

Carrots George Shirley[_2_] Preserving 4 05-03-2012 04:02 PM
Carrots Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 31 24-12-2008 11:49 PM
Carrots...... Katra General Cooking 46 24-11-2004 04:28 AM
carrots Michael Balarama Vegan 4 30-08-2004 09:59 AM