Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dusty[_3_] Dusty[_3_] is offline

Default Anybody still reading here?

On 13-Dec-15 11:07, graham wrote:
> On 12/12/2015 3:04 PM, Dusty wrote:

>>> It has been a long time! To refresh my memory, were you once stationed
>>> at one of the Suffolk USAF bases?
>>> Graham

>> Dang! Indeed! Now that's a memory... !
>> I spent some quality time in the UK at RAF Lakenheath. A most enjoyable
>> country and post.

> I come from further south in Suffolk. We had some USAF people in the
> village but they were all stationed at Ben****ers. One was a regular in
> the pub on Sunday at noon and he bought a Jaguar to ship back to the US.

I got myself a VW station wagon. Shipped that puppy back and drove it
for 4-5 more years.
Went in & out of Ben****ers a few times. That and Mildenhall (sp?) as
well. Loved driving around your country. Spent many wonderful days
exploring Sherwood Forest, and more time exploring the Scottish
highlands in the north, and Wales to the west. Still have my coin from
being at the investiture of the Prince of Wales. Found the folks
charming and friendly where ever we went. Got my first taste of
homemade sourdough bread from an elderly lass living not far from us in
Weeting (Brandon/Suffolk). One of the things I liked best was their way
of naming homes/houses, and not just using a cold, impartial, street number.
May have to go back in a few years to see how things are these days over
there. Given it's rich and long history, probably not changed much in
the few moments that have passed since I was there last.

Dusty,
--
"Time flys like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana!" - Groucho
Marx-(1890-1977)