Brian Macke

Default donuts or doughnuts

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:57:12 +0100, shagger wrote:

> ok thanks alot now last obstakel is this 1/3 cup shortening whats
> this ???

It's a solid vegetable fat, typically made solid through hydrogenation.
Sadly from what I know about doughnut production, it's really hard to use
a substitute in your recipe. Lard may be your best bet, but see if your
grocer can help you. I'd suggest asking for solid vegetable fat or
hydrolized vegetable fat. See if your grocer recognizes the American name
"Crisco" since that's the most likely exposure he or she might have to it.

As an aside - sind Sie Oesterreicher?

--
-Brian James Macke
"In order to get that which you wish for, you must first get that which