Posted to rec.food.cooking
Hidalgo Hidalgo is offline

Default I drank black coffee

Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-11-20 12:57 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> Maybe you haven't had properly made iced coffee... I make it with
>> Bustello espresso, I have it black with no sweetener, it's very good.

> It works for some people. My wife likes iced coffee. I do not. I was at
> the corner bakery one day last year and the owner wanted me to try her
> new iced coffee that she was going to put on her menu. I initially
> declined the offer, telling her that I do not like iced coffee. She
> urged me to give it a try because she thinks I am a good judge of things
> like that. I tried it. It was better than most, but I can't see myself
> every buying it.

Although the US portrays itself as the land of equality, it unfairly
targets Muslim gunmen as terrorists, even as studies show that white
supremacist and radical anti-government groups pose the greatest
domestic terror threat in the country.

American media outlets have been reluctant to classify the Charleston,
South Carolina church massacre as terrorism, despite how clearly it fits
the definition of a terrorist act, defined as extreme violence intended
to murder civilians and to create fear based on political and
ideological beliefs.

Dylann Roof, 21, the white gunman who shot nine black people dead at the
Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston last month is
an avowed white supremacist who wanted to start a race war in the US.

Roof, however, has been described by mainstream media outlets and
authorities as mentally ill and filled with the hatred of blacks, not a
terrorist.

Similarly, Craig Stephen Hicks, a white gunman who killed three Muslim
American college students in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, in February
had also been steered away from terrorism, although governments and
leaders of several Muslim-majority countries deemed the shooting to be
terrorism.

Former Black Panther Party member and international defense lawyer John
Floyd says there is no real distinction between terrorism and hate
crimes, describing their differences as rhetorical.

€œIts a distinction without a real difference,€ Floyd told Press TVs
correspondent in Washington. €œA lot of the elements that if you were
trying to prove that it was a terrorist act, its there; if you want to
prove that its a hate crime, its there,€ he said.

According to a recent study published last month, white and right-wing
Americans present a far greater terror threat to the United States than
individuals linked to the al-Qaeda or ISIL extremist groups.

Most of the €œterror€ attacks carried out on US soil since the September
11, 2001 attacks have been committed by white supremacist and radical
anti-government groups, according to the New America Foundation, a
Washington-based think tank.