Posted to rec.food.cooking
taxed and spent taxed and spent is offline

Default I drank black coffee

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> Many of you here know I don't like coffee very much. I do drink an
> occasional cup but add cream, sugar, and any other available chemicals to
> make it palatable to me.
>
> Last week we watched an episode of Uncommon Grounds, the show with Todd
> Carmichael and his sourcing of coffee. (Travel Channel if you are
> interested) He was in Panama and there is a processor of the beans that
> sells some really high end stuff. He sold some coffee to a Japanese buyer
> for $600 a pound. It was supposed to be really great.
>
> After watching, I had to check to see if he is selling anything from the
> particular estate and they have a couple. One is processed by 90 plus.
> Although I don't drink it, my wife enjoys good coffee and I ordered a half
> pound for her. Had to try it and wow, it really is good. It is the only
> coffee I've ever been able to drink and enjoy on its own, no additives.
>
> Not cheap, but worth a try.
> http://www.lacolombe.com/collections...ci-ninety-plus

I never understood the need to search endlessly for a cup of coffee that
could be tolerated without the additives. What is wrong with the additives?
I, too, try to make my coffee taste as little like coffee as possible, when
I have it at all.