Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Don't Want Survival Food? How about this?

On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 16:13:29 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 10/17/2015 12:09 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 11:22:30 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hello Fresh boxed food delivery:
> >>
> >> https://www.hellofresh.com/storytell..._campaign=US-S[01_01_00_00]%3A%20HelloFresh%20%28USA%29&utm_term=hellofresh
> >>
> >> ooops, tiny url:
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/pmdamxd
> >>
> >> Shall we talk?
> >>

> > I tried Blue Apron.
> >

> And? Was it worth the price? I am not considering this, mind you, just
> a topic for discussion.

For some, it's worth the price because they don't have to meal plan,
grocery shop or buy large amounts of seasonings when just a little is
called for in a recipe. They are given a written recipe on shiny card
stock and spices are pre-measured and all packages are clearly
labeled. all you do need to prepare vegetables... ie: cut the
zucchini and cook the food. When you're ready to cook all you do is
take the recipe and pull out the necessary ingredients.

If I was single, I would probably have an entirely different outlook
so maybe it would make sense. Every meal is scaled for two, so I
could cook once and eat twice. I would probably not mind spending
extra money so that someone else would come up with interesting meals,
grocery shop and parcel out ingredients in the exact amounts that I'd
need and give me a recipe to follow.

I still enjoy hunting for interesting recipes, grocery shopping and
cooking, so the subscription wasn't worthwhile for me. In fact, I
felt rushed because I had my own list of meals that I wanted to make -
but the box was here and I knew another one was coming in a week. So
I cancelled the service. AFAIC, it's good for people who don't enjoy
meal planning, grocery shopping etc or families who work long hours
and have children who need to be fed sooner than later after work.

--

sf